motorcycle graveyards (parts re-sellers)

Ironsled77

XS650 GRAND HACK
Reaction score
Let's start a list of parts sellers. Im tired over inflated ebay prices! The only one I can think of is Rerun cycles in Wisconsin. Im trying to locate a m/c off a street bike with no luck. What other places you guys have!?

Posted via Mobile

Addams Autocycle in Harmony, Pa. Sorry I don't know how to add link to post yet, but they do have a website.
Mick

Supply and demand.

I visited a guy up in NY who had a nice pile of parts...but because those parts were getting more popular he started charging higher prices.

The key is to find the salvage yard that just wants to move parts, and isn't worried about selling off some old common XS650 motors for $50 a pop.

Well just like anything else, when someone realizes they can charge more, they usually will. They are business owners after all. Basic supply and demand really.

This isnt about the why there going up or supply and demand.Yes I know I said im tired of the inflated prices but I wasnt even talking about xs stuff.

Keep them coming! I know there are more out there with tons of take offs and salvage bikes. One of the hard parts is these small shops keeping inventory or know if they have it.

Sportswheels isn't in Rogers.. :) .its down near Jordan between Shokopee and Mankato. Also they rape you on the prices unless you negotiate hard. I can pretty much find anything on ebay cheaper and usually in better condition than sportswheels. That said, lately they have been selling complete bikes for prices that don't actually seem too bad for a running bike. $800 or so for an xs if I recall.

Try the donny smith bike show swap meet. Decent things can be had via negotiation....but they are usually HD oriented parts good for custom xs's.

Links, addresses and telephone numbers will be greatly appreciated.

There are zero motorcycle junkyards where I live, closest is over 2 hours away, but if someone had the $capital$ I have a friend who has property (the only property) with the correct zoning and all the EPA and NC Department of Natural Resources permitting. I would be glad to put the capitol in touch with the property owner just to get a motorcycle junkyard nearby.

And if by chance someone with the capitol is reading, the population of the county in which I live is around million people and the entire market area is near 10 Million people.

As I said in another thread, we have 9 months of great riding weather, 2 months of okay riding weather and one month of crappy riding weather but rideable just the same.

We used to have a motorcycle junkyard but the owner is now in Federal prison for stealing motorcycles. State and local zoning laws make opening yards on previously unlicensed properties impossible. This property would no doubt be a gold mine for a savvy business person with capitol enough to get it started.

And I don't charge for listings at http://www.greensborojunkyards.com unless you want special placement.

Please, somebody bring me a motorcycle junkyard.

PS. I'm also in need of a job and have experience in the junkyard and scrap metals business from truck driver to counter sales to management.

http://sportwheel.com/ In Jordan MN

SW%20Ariel%20View.JPG

These guys (gals) have a great site: http://www.bikeboneyard.com/

I'm refreshing this thread for some of our members that have been searching for stuff, including me, and it appears that this bikeboneyard has some new/interesting inventory. Somebody was looking for chopper seats, master cylinders, and this outfit has some, including 71,72,73,76 parts...

Back