My first ever bike build!!

Well hell peanut, I think you know what you have to do man.:laugh:
You going out the side or out the back?:D

in the UK there is only room to go up :( you can only just fit the trash cans in the lower40 :laugh:

Well then going up?:laugh::D

3rd please....:thumbsup:

John i've asked you before but lost the post somewhere. :doh:
Can you tel me what font that is in your avatar ? It looks like one of those Victorian cabaret posters
:laugh:

why yes I guess we could go down, for sure ....but it would be full of water within 24 hours :laugh:
I built a wildlife pond last week and ordered some equatic plants and pump etc. I said to her indoors what shall we fill it with, tap water or rainwater ?

That night it rained and filled the pond ....:D it then rained for the next 3x days and now you can't see the pond for water lol:doh:

why yes I guess we could go down, for sure ....but it would be full of water within 24 hours :laugh:
I built a wildlife pond last week and ordered some equatic plants and pump etc. I said to her indoors what shall we fill it with, tap water or rainwater ?

That night it rained and filled the pond ....:D it then rained for the next 3x days and now you can't see the pond for water lol:doh:
:laugh::laugh::thumbsup:

Airwolfie sorry mate we seem to have trashed your build thead:(

When you have finished your build perhaps you might find the time to transfer all your build posts into a blog or new locked thread .:thumbsup:

Airwolfie sorry mate we seem to have trashed your build thead:(

When you have finished your build perhaps you might find the time to transfer all your build posts into a blog or new locked thread .:thumbsup:

Hey no worries! Nothing like a bit off topic banter!

Yeah I was thinking of doing that once I got the engine built and running! Just in case there are some hiccups or booboo's along the way!!:D

you could do a booboo bit or out takes at the end :thumbsup: :laugh:

Talking of sceptic tanks I have been chuckling to myself all day after seeing the video of the dynamite story. Fantastic. I was there, in the room with a pint of whatever was on the table, building the picture, and getting the hell out of there when it went.

I wonder how long it took to clean up? Ha! ha!

True stories are wonderful.

Anlaf

Got me some spacers made by someone off another UK forum, he's been great and helped me with my front fork modification!

Here they are installed

9727931330_9135b5c84a_b.jpg

9724700393_bf216c4222_b.jpg

9724696575_90dd85b32f_b.jpg

The front wheel is rock solid now! No movement at all!(yes, it still rotates!!!:D) Going to see if I can get some seals for them now!

sweet a true rolling front wheel is a big plus.
It's cool Ya got some one with a lathe.

Yeah I'm well chuffed! Pity it's pissing down here so I won't be able to get her outside till the weekend.

Yeah good guy hepling me out, pity he lives in Wales, about 4hrs drive for me! would have been a lot easier if he was close by, still it's great to know him, and he's very keen on helping me out!

Didn't do a lot on the bike this weekend. Had a load of honey-do's to keep me busy.

Added a plug to the big gaping hole that is left after the starter motor is removed. Added a bit of liquid gasket seal around the rim of the hole, before taking my frustrations out on the plug with a hammer and the R1's fork shaft(worked a treat!) until it was flush with the outside. I have painted it black after the picture was taken!

9764607312_041e236061_b.jpg

I also started messing about with the micro switch housing I got off ebay. Tried the switches out and checking to see how big a hole or two I will have to cut in the handlebar.

Nothing to show so no pics of that!

That's it for now. I'm hoping to get my Heiden parcel sometime this week, so hopefully the engine build will continue.........

Last edited:
I don't mind kick starting, but I love hitting the starter button.
I'm just lazy I suppose :shrug:
It's cool that the starter can be left off though.
Keep up the good Man every little bit gets you a little closer.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Didn't do a lot on the bike this weekend. Had a load of honey-do's to keep me busy.

same here !:doh:

Built a wildlife pond and insect Hotel :wtf: don't ask ...

Blanking disk looks good , did you get it turned up or did you find something to fit the hole?
I refurbed my starter motor to see which I prefer using the e-start or kickstart.Never had a bike with a e start before but leaving it out would have saved a lot of weight.

Back