My first ever bike build!!

same here !:doh:

Built a wildlife pond and insect Hotel :wtf: don't ask ...

Blanking disk looks good , did you get it turned up or did you find something to fit the hole?
I refurbed my starter motor to see which I prefer using the e-start or kickstart.Never had a bike with a e start before but leaving it out would have saved a lot of weight.

I got it off Wickerman on the UK forum, don't know where he got it from though....
It's a nice tight fit though!!:thumbsup:

I don't mind kick starting, but I love hitting the starter button.
I'm just lazy I suppose :shrug:
It's cool that the starter can be left off though.
Keep up the good Man every little bit gets you a little closer.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I just heard stories of them struggeling and not working right, so instead of having to deal with another issue, I decided just to remove it altogether!

Yeah thanks Carbon, I did think that too, if I do it now, I won't have to do it later. It's not like I can't do jack without the engine built, there is TONS to do still! I should do a list, but I fear it may span a couple of pages!:yikes:

I did the same plug idea on mine, worked out good for me.:thumbsup:
Oh yes do make a list Airwolfie, you'll drive yourself crazy with or without one though.:laugh:

I did the same plug idea on mine, worked out good for me.:thumbsup:
Oh yes do make a list Airwolfie, you'll drive yourself crazy with or without one though.:laugh:

NONONONONOONONONNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!! NO LIST!! lol

Some more fiddeling today. Mounted the controls on the left bar, absolutely love this mini control!! Took about two hours to get them to fit. I had to drill a round and a square hole! I made the square hole with my trusty dremil, shavings everywhere!! But the end result is so totally worth it! I also made my first EVER tap!! drilled the hole for the screw and then tapped a thread in it! I was amazed!(I know, pretty sad...) worked out perfect!

Here are some pictures!

9790857586_f0c0fbc4b4_b.jpg

9790904493_f3d7bb831e_b.jpg

9790811935_fac3d6cf9f_b.jpg

My only concern is the horn button(the red one), I hope it's waterproof, otherwise I will have to do something about that.

That's it for now peeps!

now that is minimalistic ! :laugh:

Did you fit the bars before fixing the switch block to make sure you will be able to reach the horn button with your thumb :wink2:

Switches are very cool!
And thousands of years it as been very important to get the angle of the dangle just right! :cheers:
NONONONONOONONONNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!! NO LIST!! lol :laugh:

Parts off Heiden arrived today, so I guess I will be continuing the engine build this weekend!!! WHoohoo!!!

fantastic !

Does this mean your engine is going to be installed this weekend ?:D:thumbsup:

fantastic !

Does this mean your engine is going to be installed this weekend ?:D:thumbsup:

I hope so! As long as I don't have any more bits missing, then I would probably say yes!!!

Going to get up early tomorrow to get some head way. Looks like it's going to be a nice sunny weekend too!!

bugga! I'd better get my finger out then or you'll be starting yours before me !...:yikes:

good luck matey... have a productive weekend:thumbsup:

Almost ready to go into the frame!

9957629086_4b5948b477_b.jpg

One snag holding me back! Yes ANOTHER one!!! :mad:

I am missing these four bolts..........

9957605034_946abfd25a_b.jpg

9957573145_8f9023cf07_b.jpg

Anybody know the length, or where I can get some? Or have some I can get off you?

Was hoping to get this done this weekend!!! GRRRR!!! :mad::mad::doh::wtf:

I will HAVE to update my engine build this weekend, I am so far behind! I have about 50 odd pics to post up!! Patience guys, it's coming!!

Airwolfie r u talking about the rocker box bolts?
they are 60mm long not including the head
Looking like your getting along well.

Last edited:
Back