My first ever bike build!!

Hey Airwolfie looking good.
Did You soak the friction places in oil?
Clutch lock nut torque:
6.5 m-kg (47 ft-lb)

Clutch screw torque:
/ 1 .O m-kg (7 ft-lb)

Primary drive gear
Drive gear torque:
9 m-kg (65 ft-lb)

Thanks Carbon! And yes I did for about a week!! Not intentional, but I kinda couldn't get the clutch done when I wanted to, but I don't think it's a bad thing!

And you know someone will ask (so I will), did you align the indexer marks?

Anlaf

yes Anlaf, thanks for the ask, but I did!:thumbsup:

What's that black thing on the lower right of the clutch cover surface?

Some folks find installing the kickstart shaft before installing the clutch to be easier...

I don't quite know where you mean.

After seeing Peanut's vid, I think I should be OK with the kick starter,but thanks for the heads up!:thumbsup:

I think its a bit of black paint :wink2:

I put my clutch in before the kickstart shaft assembly . I think I would have knocked it out had I put the clutch in second.

That's exactly why I left it until last. Good to see you have managed it, so I should be OK!:thumbsup:

peanut that was cool!
where did You get that mirror image engine.
It must be hard to get parts for:laugh:

LOOL!! I thought to myself, he's putting it in the wrong side!! But then I realised, it's upside down!:laugh:

All right It's party time over there. If Ya get off work at 5.
I might get a start up on Sunday.
Just got to love the extra engine sitting the corner.
Your engine is looking perdy good now.
Did You get that transwarp conduit installed before You closed her up?

peanut that was cool!
where did You get that mirror image engine.
It must be hard to get parts for:laugh:

I had to stand on my head for 15 minutes to take that video !:laugh:

its party time every day when you're retired lol.

good luck with finishing the engine off ... hope it starts this weekend. Give us a shout and we'll get the pop corn and icecream out

Just got to love the extra engine sitting the corner.
Your engine is looking perdy good now.
Did You get that transwarp conduit installed before You closed her up?

Thanks Carbon! I had the day off today, but I did my bike test instead, and passed!

Party tonight, because we out celebrating my 40th and now my bike licence too!

Hangover permitting, I will do some more tomorrow.

Not sure what the transwarp thing is you talking about, or are you just pulling my leg?!

I had to stand on my head for 15 minutes to take that video !:laugh:

its party time every day when you're retired lol.

good luck with finishing the engine off ... hope it starts this weekend. Give us a shout and we'll get the pop corn and icecream out

That made me laugh! Your head must hurt after that!

No chance in starting the engine up, I have no electronics!!!!!:shrug:

Still need the engine bolts to show up in the post too, was kind of hoping they'd show up today........:(

All right happy 40th Mate :cheers
Man I cant believe You didn't install that.:laugh:
Oh I'm such a child
A transwarp conduit, also known as a transwarp corridor, was an artificially-created energy conduit through a realm of subspace known as transwarp space. They were utilized by the Borg to cover great distances in a relatively short period of time. Accessed via tachyon pulses of alternating frequencies, the conduits contained a matter stream in which a vessel could reach velocities at least twenty times greater than the maximum warp speed of a Galaxy-class starship, in a process Lieutenant Commander Geordi La Forge described as "like falling into a fast-moving river and being swept away by the current

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhh that conduit!

Yeah I think I did! Well, I didn't take it out or saw it in a box, so I ASSUME it's in there!!:bike::laughing::laughing:

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Full Definition of CONDUIT

1: a natural or artificial channel through which something (as a fluid) is conveyed

2 archaic : fountain

3 : a pipe, tube, or tile for protecting electric wires or cables

4 : a means of transmitting or distributing <a conduit for illicit payments> <a conduit of information>

If you look closely beneath the anterior dorfelnuken gascolator you'll see a small blue box labeled 'police call box'. They use TARDIS technology over there...

Dang, you found my house.............

What's a conduit?

Hmmm!

Enjoy your evening out, Airwolfie, and we await the first sounds as the bike sparks into life once more.

Anlaf

Thanks Anlaf! Going to be a while before that happens, but I'm hoping pretty soon! Quite keen to see if all this effort has been worth it!

Full Definition of CONDUIT

1: a natural or artificial channel through which something (as a fluid) is conveyed

2 archaic : fountain

3 : a pipe, tube, or tile for protecting electric wires or cables

4 : a means of transmitting or distributing <a conduit for illicit payments> <a conduit of information>

Nice bit of trivia early in the morning!:D

Good Day Airwolfie, You old Buck :laugh:
It's all down hill from here.
In a couple more year I get to tell that to my oldest son.
When he was 20 I asked he how does it feel not to be as smart as he was yesterday?
He asked what do you mean? I say I just wanted to know how it felt not to know everything anymore now that he's not a teenager. :wink2:
Oh the teen years I'll be having teen grandchildren soon.:doh::laugh:

Good Day Airwolfie, You old Buck :laugh:
It's all down hill from here.
In a couple more year I get to tell that to my oldest son.
When he was 20 I asked he how does it feel not to be as smart as he was yesterday?
He asked what do you mean? I say I just wanted to know how it felt not to know everything anymore now that he's not a teenager. :wink2:
Oh the teen years I'll be having teen grandchildren soon.:doh::laugh:

Hehe you have a way with words Carbon! that made me chuckle!

Definition of parenthood:

Spending the first 3 years teaching them how to walk and talk.

Spending the next 15 telling them to sit down and shut up...

Well, the cover is on, the kickstarter works, the PMA is in, and I put all the gubbins on the handle bars, and added the headlight on for a mockup!

staring to look like a motorcycle now!!!

10125284076_a0657b03cf_b.jpg

10125249755_3243840e4a_b.jpg

10125289746_48e1a0763d_b.jpg

10125366963_42a00a3646_b.jpg

Not too sure about those mirrors now, I don't know if I like them or not. Any comments on them guys??

... staring to look like a motorcycle now!!!

Starting to look like a SERIOUSLY CLASSIC motorcycle!

Not too sure about those mirrors now, I don't know if I like them or not. Any comments on them guys??

Not sure, maybe it's from the confined shop. Try a pic in a LARGE/OPEN area.

Or, maybe NonClow could talk you into a rear view camera...

Airwolfie, nice clean build. I must have missed it, but where did you get the PMA? I got a Hugh's - I'd love to keep supporting him, but those import duties are ridiculous (I just paid £27 extra import charges on some UNI filters).

Anlaf

Back