My first ever bike build!!

Wolfie,
just worked my way through your build, the engineering is to a high standard and the look you have achieved reflects that.

I really like the front legs as you know I have fitted the first generation R6 forks (5eb) but now I have seen your R1 legs I am having a re-think something I can do on my bike in the future.

I may draw a set of yokes up to suit the R1 legs, if I do I will send you a PDF to get your opinion.

Leslie

Wolfie,
just worked my way through your build, the engineering is to a high standard and the look you have achieved reflects that.

I really like the front legs as you know I have fitted the first generation R6 forks (5eb) but now I have seen your R1 legs I am having a re-think something I can do on my bike in the future.

I may draw a set of yokes up to suit the R1 legs, if I do I will send you a PDF to get your opinion.

Leslie

Wow thanks Leslie!:thumbsup:

I'll be interested to see the yoke you intend on doing up. I guess that would save having to do all the spacers and collars for the OG yokes. I bet you'd sell a few!

Wolfie,
I will design and manufacture (CNC) some billet yokes as per my build, I wanted them to look like late 70s early 80s Yamaha GP TZ yokes

That way I can set the centre lines and diameters myself to suit the spoked wheels as I had to widen the standard XS fork c/lines, as the centre line was different to the R6 callipers possibly the same callipers you have, if I have remembered was about 17-5mm to get them clear of the spokes

Leslie

Wow thanks Leslie!:thumbsup:

I'll be interested to see the yoke you intend on doing up. I guess that would save having to do all the spacers and collars for the OG yokes. I bet you'd sell a few!

I only have time to do stuff for myself most of the time.

I have just re-engineered a ali box section swing arm and decided to build five for people to buy as there is not much choice on the market since JMC went tits up.

I say five as I got five from a breakers in Nottingham, now my bike has one and I sold one on eBay.

But all I got was negative feedback from the forums saying they are to expensive, bit upset really as anybody who is in engineering manufacturing will tell you projects like that are not cheap.

Although I will provide the drawing in CAD formats dwg dxf etc etc pending the type of CNC,of the yokes free of charge and people can get them machined if I was to make a set

Leslie

Last edited:
So I spent some time in the shed today!

- Mount headlight properly DONE!!!
- Find replacement line for clutch DONE!!!
- finish off foot pegs Getting there!!!
- mount indicators FRONT ONES DONE!!
- mount coils DONE!!!
- mount tacho and speedo DONE!!
- recon front caliper/s(not sure if I want to go twin or single yet) Going to scratch that, they don't fit:(
- mount Boyer ignition DONE!!!
- add fake oil tank for housing electrics DONE!!
- add key starter DONE!!!
- add hi/lo light switch DONE!!!
- add kill switch DONE!!!
- add neutral light DONE!!!
- add spark leadsDONE!!!
- sort out exhausts
- paint fenders
-Install Boyer power box
-Install one way valve on breather DONE!!!
-Bleed clutchDONE!!!
-Bleed brakes
- replace tyres
- Find replacement brake line for front brake
- fab steering stop
- add chain
- mount front fender
- fabricate rear fender
- mount rear fender
- mount rear light
- paint and drill rotors
- possibly make spacers for calipers/rotors
- mount number plate
- wire entire bike
- mount rear brake switch
- clean gas tank
- paint gas tank
- plug excess petcock holes
- add horn
- add petcock
- install fuel lineDONE!!!
- add filter podsDONE!!!
- add oil
- add fuel
- run engine
- tune engine
- get MOT!!

I got some nice Ramair filters on the bike now!

11549599655_27c06d84fa_b.jpg

One way valve fitted to the engine.

11549579624_74e45d6243_b.jpg

I also added some clear fuel line so I can see if there is any fuel going to the engine!

I decided to rebleed the clutch, I started by removing the top and putting a bit of clear tubing over it, then pushed the cylinder out until the seal was showing. I then opened up the MC and started squeezing the lever gently until the brake fluid started coming out past the seal on the slave. I kept going, keeping the MC reservoir topped up, until there were no more bubbles coming out.

11549551995_ec1596d40d_b.jpg

Then I sealed of the MC reservoir, pulled back the slave cyclinder all the way in, and emptied out the excess fluid in the tube. Pulled off the tube, cleaned up the excess fluid, and replaced the cap. Job done! I then screwed on the left cover, and hoped for the best! After I realized I will have to remove it to get the chain on again! :doh: Oh well.

11549601285_690f321abb_b.jpg

Might go back in the shed later, depends on how cold it gets! My little heater can't keep up!!:laugh:

- Mount headlight properly DONE!!!
- Find replacement line for clutch DONE!!!
- finish off foot pegs Getting there!!!
- mount indicators FRONT ONES DONE!!
- mount coils DONE!!!
- mount tacho and speedo DONE!!
- recon front caliper/s(not sure if I want to go twin or single yet) Going to scratch that, they don't fit:(
- mount Boyer ignition DONE!!!
- add fake oil tank for housing electrics DONE!!
- add key starter DONE!!!
- add hi/lo light switch DONE!!!
- add kill switch DONE!!!
- add neutral light DONE!!!
- add spark leadsDONE!!!
- sort out exhausts
- paint fenders
-Install Boyer power box
-Install one way valve on breather DONE!!!
-Bleed clutchDONE!!!
-Bleed brakes
- replace tyres
- Find replacement brake line for front brake
- fab steering stop
- add chain
- mount front fender
- fabricate rear fender
- mount rear fender
- mount rear light
- paint and drill rotors
- possibly make spacers for calipers/rotors
- mount number plate
- wire entire bike
- mount rear brake switch
- clean gas tank
- paint gas tank
- plug excess petcock holesDONE!!!
- add horn
- add petcockDONE!!!
- install fuel lineDONE!!!
- add filter podsDONE!!!
- add oil
- add fuel
- run engine
- tune engine
- get MOT!!

So I got the petcock installed!

11552219893_af60ebed67_b.jpg

And a fuel filter!

11552118024_1f1b42acdb_b.jpg

I had to add a 90deg elbow though, as the end was way too close to the engine for my liking, but I like the "mechanical" look it gives out! :D And then the whole lot got connected with clear tubing.

11552199186_2f036d2f23_b.jpg

Then I got summoned to the house for this................

11552132514_58ac55ffaf_b.jpg

Looks a bit messy as I already tucked in before I decided to take a piccie!!:D

Dang she CAN cook!!!:thumbsup:

Thanks Carbon! I can't wait either!! I may have a go at running the engine(well hoping it will run!!) this year still! IF I can get my mate over to wire her up!

Yeah I got my superman shirt on!! Hehehe!!

I ate the lot, nice and slow. And then I polished off the missus's(wife!)(for those who don't know LOL) leftovers on her plate too!I gots a Sore stomach stuffing my piehole, but now it feels like Christmas!!!

HAHA yeah the PINK one will go well with my bike!

They seem quite large though Carbon, any chance you go a pic of your horn in your hand or someting to see the size?

So I have been busy the last couple of days making my alternator cover.......

11636523906_814cf0c001_b.jpg

I still need to cut the bolts short to fit the cover to the engine.

I can't wait to see it on the bike!!

Back