My first ever bike build!!

Well, alright Airwolfie! We're all 'chuffed' as well!

Blub, blub, blub, blub....

Thanks Twomany! That's my crazy friend doing the sound effects on the vids!

Hey Airwolfie!
Just watched your videos! On my ipod can't wait to see on bigger screen.
She sounded good

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Carbon!! She sounds loverly in real life!! Noisy as hell, but I love it! Almost like an old plane!

Congrats AW. Home stretch. You'll be riding it soon.

:thumbsup:

Thanks Skaven!I hope so!:thumbsup:

fantastic !..... she sounds great really sweet. ..:bike:

With those pipes I can't believe you've got her running so well without lots of messing about with jets etc. :wtf:
Blub blub ??/ your mate is a Cockney for sure

Thats really frustrating about the clutch. it should be perfect as its pretty much all new?
Shouldn't take much to get it sorted.

See !....I told you you would ride yours before I got to ride mine. Mine's still sitting in the garage gently oxidising into a pile of dust..:( Have you got a helmet cam to record your first ride ? Best of the bunch is the Mobius HD which is probably slightly better quality than Go-Pro and a heck of a lot smaller. :thumbsup:

Thanks Peanut! I'm hoping I won't need to fettle with the carbs much, maybe the PO had the same intentions and did the needle swap already! Who knows!

Lol my mate is no cockney! Born and bred in Hertfordshire! He's just a

bit loopy!

Got a cam, but it's a bit big to attach to my helmet, but it does have a handle bar fitting! I'll be sure to film it!

Unfortunately my mate could not come over tonight, but he's hoping for Sunday!! Gives me a bit of time to fettle some more!!

the clutch problem shouldn't be much I wouldn't have thought. Its all new and you put it together with painstaking care.:wink2:
Not long now.:thumbsup:

Yeah I hope so! Got to take the right side cover off anyway to put on a new gasket, not looking forward to that!!! So IF there are other issues, I will be that side anyway!

What a nice looking bike...I love the paint. I'm usually not a huge fan of the brat style but man that looks good.

I had a terrible time getting my clutch dialed in. Either it was so loose I couldn't even kick start it without it slipping or it was so tight it would stall as soon as soon as I put it in gear. VERY small window of adjustments on the clutch, but I finally got it dialed in and shifting smoothly. The description on how to adjust the clutch from the manual was a bit confusing in my opinion.

I'm just about to break mine down for paint once I finish up the exhaust, so I'm jealous to see how nice yours looks...but it may just give me the motivation to get this wrapped up!!!

What a nice looking bike...I love the paint. I'm usually not a huge fan of the brat style but man that looks good.

I had a terrible time getting my clutch dialed in. Either it was so loose I couldn't even kick start it without it slipping or it was so tight it would stall as soon as soon as I put it in gear. VERY small window of adjustments on the clutch, but I finally got it dialed in and shifting smoothly. The description on how to adjust the clutch from the manual was a bit confusing in my opinion.

I'm just about to break mine down for paint once I finish up the exhaust, so I'm jealous to see how nice yours looks...but it may just give me the motivation to get this wrapped up!!!

Wow, thanks Dillbone! Appreciate the kind words!! I'm glad my build gives you inspiration! We need to build some bikes!!!!:D

Got my friend coming this weekend, hopefully he can shed some light on the problem! Fingers crossed!:thumbsup:

good luck with sorting the clutch :thumbsup:

Just remembered a very odd problem that I had with mine initially.
When I installed the worm drive bracket to the cover and screwed the screws up ,it distorted the worm housing just enough to make the worm drive arm bind .
Its right at the end of my video but worth checking .

I found the best way to adjust my clutch was completely different to the HAynes manual.

I backed my adjuster nut all the way out of the worm drive, then I adjusted my clutch lever exactly where I wanted it for easy reach with my fingers using the clutch lever adjuster. Then I adjusted up the slack in the clutch drive using the worm adjuster screw .

When all slack out of system back the screw out 1/4 turn and tighten lock nut. That should be spot on .

Hope you don't end up having to dismantle the clutch :(

Thanks Peanut! I have to get into that side anyway as I got to replace the gasket!

Also, I have a hydraulic clutch so no slack there! I might take the worm gear out and drill the hole in the arm a bit closer so it may give it more movement. Hopefully that will help also! The worm gear moves freely, so I don't think it has warped like yours.

hydraulic eh !? cool..

To be honest I haven't really tested my clutch yet so I don't know if that works as it should.
I must finish the shed so I can pull the bike out brush off the cobwebs and sort the carbs out . Might try this weekend if the weather is good.

Good luck with your clutch .

Mmm just realised you're expecting a little addition to your family any day now !:thumbsup::D best get some sleep whilst you can

Thanks Peanut! I'm a night owl as it is anyway!

Weather this side seems dry so you might be in luck! Get her done! the race isn't over yet! You could still beat me to it!!!

What hydraulic do you have ? Is it like Hugh's where it is just a hydraulic cable ? I have heard some people have had trouble with those , you may want to try going back to a cable . MMM at 650 central has good cables , so does motion pro I hear .

yeah I've always been a night owl too.
I only go to bed when i can't keep awake any longer .

I love thinking at night time into the small hours, planning and scheming, dreaming and drawing up stuff I want to make.No distractions or interuptions . I love the night time.

I'm crap in the mornings..... (although I'm usually up by 6.30/7am these days . its too hot to stay in bed .)

What hydraulic do you have ? Is it like Hugh's where it is just a hydraulic cable ? I have heard some people have had trouble with those , you may want to try going back to a cable . MMM at 650 central has good cables , so does motion pro I hear .

Yeah it's the pit bike mod. I'll give it a go, if it doesn't work out, I may go back to cable. There is also the aprilla hydro clutch mod. another one to think of.......

yeah I've always been a night owl too.
I only go to bed when i can't keep awake any longer .

I love thinking at night time into the small hours, planning and scheming, dreaming and drawing up stuff I want to make.No distractions or interuptions . I love the night time.

I'm crap in the mornings..... (although I'm usually up by 6.30/7am these days . its too hot to stay in bed .)

Hehe yeah, I do my best work/thinking late at night! I also get up at 6h30 but only because I have bills to pay!! Going go upstairs now and force myself to sleep!

Wrapped my exhausts today.

14566404707_63167524c6_b.jpg

Added some brass ends to them as well!

14749680201_e30504634c_b.jpg

14752530192_9f53e8c9e8_b.jpg

The one is still wet, hence the difference in colour. It is a different "brand", so it may be different once dry. I hope not! I ran short when I did the first one, so I had to get more, but could not find the site I got it from! Got some more off epay, Twice as much so in case it's different I can redo it.

For the guys who want to know, I used 22 feet on each exhaust!! A LOT more thanI had calculated!!:yikes:

Back