My first ever bike build!!

Did I not mention it?? Yeah, havin a little one in August! Don't know if it's a boy or girl,want tokeep it a surprise!

Well, looks like congratulations are soon in order. Should be added to your list.

If we look back to late last year, we find this post:

Took about an hour, got the missus to help........... I did the lie down method...

So, my guess is that it will be a girl...

Baby ? Baby ......? :yikes: congratulations to you both . Its going to be a little Leo !
You'd better get weaving on that nursery sunshine.:wink2:

Did I not mention it?? Yeah, havin a little one in August! Don't know if it's a boy or girl,want tokeep it a surprise!

Got to get the bike done by then!!!:yikes:
Good luck with both bike and baby.
First Baby?

Baby ? Baby ......? :yikes: congratulations to you both . Its going to be a little Leo !
You'd better get weaving on that nursery sunshine.:wink2:
Lets hope the baby is a Leo, just like me :wink2:

Thanks guys! Due on the 16th of August! And yes, our first one! A very special one too as we have been trying for almost 10 years! Went IVF in the end, and apart from a near miscarriage at the start, it has been going 110%!! Going to be a big baby, I was 9lbs when born, and looking at the bump, the little one isn't far off! So my guess(hope?!:) ) is a boy!

Ah Airwolfie I got a big smile on my face :) thinking about my first You 2 are close to the same age.
19 hours labor man I never thought the baby would get here.
I am very happy for the both of You! :D
Your life will change :laugh: many good times are ahead of you.
And don't worry about losing sleep babies sleep thought the night right away :shrug:.

Ah Airwolfie I got a big smile on my face :) thinking about my first You 2 are close to the same age.
19 hours labor man I never thought the baby would get here.
I am very happy for the both of You! :D
Your life will change :laugh: many good times are ahead of you.
And don't worry about losing sleep babies sleep thought the night right away :shrug:.

Thanks Carbon!! Appreciate the kind words!! Not too worried about losing sleep.I'manight owl anyway!!:D

- Mount headlight properly DONE!!!
- Find replacement line for clutch DONE!!!
- finish off foot pegs DONE!!
- mount indicators FRONT ONES DONE!!
- mount coils DONE!!!
- mount tacho and speedo DONE!!
- mount Boyer ignition DONE!!!
- add fake oil tank for housing electrics DONE!!
- add key starter DONE!!!
- add hi/lo light switch DONE!!!
- add kill switch DONE!!!
- add neutral light DONE!!!
- add spark leadsDONE!!!
-Install Boyer power boxDONE!!!
-Install one way valve on breather DONE!!!
-Bleed clutchDONE!!!
- plug excess petcock holesDONE!!!
- add petcockDONE!!!
- install fuel lineDONE!!!
- add filter podsDONE!!!
-clean and line gas tankDONE!!!
- fabricate rear fenderDONE!!!
- mount rear fenderDONE!!!
- mount rear lightDONE!!!
- add hornDONE!!!
- replace tyresDONE!!!
- fab steering stopDONE!!!
- make spacers for calipers/rotorsDONE!!!
- paint gas tankDONE!!!
- add chainDONE!!!
- Find replacement brake line for front brakeDONE!!!
- recon front caliperDONE!!!
-Bleed brakesDONE!!!
- sort out exhaustsDONE!!!
- mount rear brake switchDONE!!!
- mount front fender
- paint fenders
- mount number plate
- wire entire bikeDONE THE ENGINE!!!
- add oilDONE!!!
- add fuel
- run engine
- tune engine
- get MOT!!

Go her all wired up!! Well, just the engine. MY friend came over, had a look, took two hours to figure the wiring out and also routing, and BAM! It was done!!:thumbsup:

I spent the evening cleaning it up and tucking everything nicely together. I also added OIL to the engine!! It is inevitable now!!:bike: Pity the weather isn't playing along...:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Rain all day tomorrow apparently so I will have to wait.:mad::shrug:

PICS!!!

:D

14452990359_2d2055407e_b.jpg

14639179162_aaa11a7d16_b.jpg

14659517473_4ccf957be6_b.jpg

14639602835_0cc7922585_b.jpg

And here is the wiring diagram. Please let meknow if you see anything that is odd or won't work!!

14616619926_9ebf87f92b_b.jpg

Also can't do anything tomorrow as my out-laws are coming out for the day, booooooooooo!!!:mad::doh:

fantastic ! at last....:thumbsup:

I still reckon you are going to be riding yours before mine.:(

Bet you're relieved that the wiring is finished. thats a biggy .She looks great .

The DVLA sent me my new age related number plate through for my Lambretta LIS150 special yesterday. Spent the day blasting around the lanes and villages ...what a buzz.
It was like being a kid of 16 again . :bike:

ps wheres your Capacitor ?

Attachments

• xs650-1.jpg
    xs650-1.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 115
Thanks Peanut! Apparently the powerbox has the caps in it.

Only you can stop me from running mine first!! GET THAT SHED DONE AND FINISH YOUR BIKE!! GET!!!:poke: Lol

Glad you enjoying your Lambretta, just don't do silly things like a 16yr old!! We don't fall so well anymore!!!:laugh:

Last edited:
Who's that power box made by? I would like to do a little research because it looks quite small to have a capacitor in it, or do you have installation instructions for it? I would hate to see you fire it up and have wild voltage spikes which could damage your electronics.

Note: Nevermind I just found the powerbox general information sheet and it says that it has the capacitor in there.

Last edited:
Who's that power box made by? I would like to do a little research because it looks quite small to have a capacitor in it, or do you have installation instructions for it? I would hate to see you fire it up and have wild voltage spikes which could damage your electronics.

Note: Nevermind I just found the powerbox general information sheet and it says that it has the capacitor in there.

I was about to say lol! I did email them a few times and they assured me I can run without a battery! I hope they are right!

Hey congrats airwolfie on the first baby, you need to big a little bike so when he or she is ready to ride:thumbsup: lol

Thanks Richard! The missus said I should add two side cars, a normal sized one for her, and a smaller one next to it for the little 'un!:D

Hey Airwolfie, The wiring looks damn cool.
The diagram made me chuckle a bit
Where did you get the wire covers?
And I think a pic or a video of Peanut on that Lambretta is in order.
Don't you think?
here is some mood music

Hey Airwolfie, The wiring looks damn cool.
The diagram made me chuckle a bit
Where did you get the wire covers?
And I think a pic or a video of Peanut on that Lambretta is in order.
Don't you think?

Thanks Carbon!
Why did it make you chuckle? Anything nt right there??
I got the wire covers off Ebay. I'll have a look see if I still have it bookmarked somewhere.

YES!!! A Video!!!!! We NEED a VIDEO PEANUT!!!!!:bike::D

Thanks Carbon!
Why did it make you chuckle? Anything nt right there??
I got the wire covers off Ebay. I'll have a look see if I still have it bookmarked somewhere.

YES!!! A Video!!!!! We NEED a VIDEO PEANUT!!!!!:bike::D

I chuckled because everything you do is such fine quality.
And the diagram looks like I drew it up. not You :laugh:

Back