My mistress "the dirty screamer" build log

Can someone help me decide what length of chain to go with please? I want to order 18/32 sprocket combo and chain to to fit the 4" stretch from mikes. Thanks guys

- 17 x 33 or 34...104 links...will be about the same for 18 x 32
- 4in stretch is 8in total extra chain length...64/8 x 8/5 is 13 links
- total 117 links...will need an even #...118 say
- if you get a 120 link chain and a rivet joiner you should have enough spare that you need to remove a couple of links...main thing is that youre not short

Sorry Guys the build has been on hold for most of the summer, life has been real busy. Hopefully this winter i can find time to finish.

I was just rereading your post. In the first couple posts you stated you were "building a motorcycle" because you don't like being profiled.
I think most people now days don't really understand the difference between a bobber and a chopper.
Back when these terms started to be used a bike that some one just removed parts or cut down parts, as in "bobbing" the fenders to remove excess weight Is called a "bobber".
When someone cut a frame to modify the rake or stretch. These were called "choppers".
Now if people would call a bike what it is would save much confusion.
All the 650 "bobbers" are actually "choppers". They have "chopped" the frames to add hardtails.
Even most of the "trackers" and "cafe racers" fit into the "chopper" catagory. The Bratstyle are in there too. Most have cut and modified the frames.
Even my almost all stock 75 fits in the "chopper" catagory, I did cut the coil mounts out to fit my coil in. I also added mounts to the frame to mount the rear brake master cylinder.
Bolt on or remove parts makes a "bobber".
Cut the frame makes it a "chopper".

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BG1BP1AdFfE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BG1BP1AdFfE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I was just rereading your post. In the first couple posts you stated you were "building a motorcycle" because you don't like being profiled.
I think most people now days don't really understand the difference between a bobber and a chopper.
Back when these terms started to be used a bike that some one just removed parts or cut down parts, as in "bobbing" the fenders to remove excess weight Is called a "bobber".
When someone cut a frame to modify the rake or stretch. These were called "choppers".
Now if people would call a bike what it is would save much confusion.
All the 650 "bobbers" are actually "choppers". They have "chopped" the frames to add hardtails.
Even most of the "trackers" and "cafe racers" fit into the "chopper" catagory. The Bratstyle are in there too. Most have cut and modified the frames.
Even my almost all stock 75 fits in the "chopper" catagory, I did cut the coil mounts out to fit my coil in. I also added mounts to the frame to mount the rear brake master cylinder.
Bolt on or remove parts makes a "bobber".
Cut the frame makes it a "chopper".
I could give a rats ass what "catagory" my motorcycle falls into, thanks for the input and feel free to catagorize as you see fit.

Thanks for the history lesson and I agree with you but until people start actually building bikes instead of just buying parts from a book and calling it a chopper i will avoid all catagories.

I could give a rats ass what "catagory" my motorcycle falls into, thanks for the input and feel free to catagorize as you see fit.

Thanks for the history lesson and I agree with you but until people start actually building bikes instead of just buying parts from a book and calling it a chopper i will avoid all catagories.

Could not of said it better myself.:thumbsup:

Hi Guys,

The bikes been buried alive in the garage of the new house we bought this summer. Havent touched it in a long time due to major house reno's. Looking forward to getting this house shit done and setting up the shop the way i want it.

As far as the questions go on the frame I cant remember the stretch i think i did 4". Rake was 35% with major backbone mods (stretched) and changed seat post.

I will post some new pics once I get back at it. For now this is the last pic i took

Anyone here know what a far price would be for a Mint myford super7 lathe with stand?

Attachments

• winter1.jpg
    winter1.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 436
Back