My new build, "The 23"

^^^^^

Low is what I'm looking for.:thumbsup: I figure about 4" under the frame. It's sitting on 1 1/2" blocks now and tires should give me another 2 1/2" give or take a 1/4". :bike:

Been working on my front fork for the past few weeks. Cutting a butt load of parts out of 3/8" plate with an angle grinder. Got to use the tube bender on a total of four bends. Woohoo! Anyway, here is the result.

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

Next up is the clamp plate for the trailer spring and the linkage to tie into the axle rockers.

Got one hell of a board-tracker look going there.... great fab work, the leaf frontend is looking really sick. I am also not a huge fan of the tank, but its not my bike, so it doesn't matter what I think. Lol... I do like the build, overall.

Love the creativity! David bird hardtail looks sweet! Not really into the front end, in particular the fork setup, doesn't suit the lines in my opinion. That's just me. Awesome build overall. Wish I had your skills

Thanks everybody. I wasn't sure about the tank initially either, but it's growing on me. I was originally going to use a primo Yamaha XT tank I have, but it will not sit low enough over the engine for my taste. I built this tank to lay extremely low. I think it suits the overall look I'm going for. When you all see the seat and handlebar combo you might change opinions. Maybe.:laugh:

I wanna see that 23" up in the air when it's done! It seems to be a trend lately :laugh::laugh:

484669_4994054805197_560163803_n.jpg

I'm loving this build, and that funky tank is just about perfect... But I dig funky

Maybe it will wheelie after it gets your rephase treatment Hugh.:laugh: What is the package deal for rephase and PMA kit these days? That's my next big spending spree.:bike:

Thanks everybody. I wasn't sure about the tank initially either, but it's growing on me. I was originally going to use a primo Yamaha XT tank I have, but it will not sit low enough over the engine for my taste. I built this tank to lay extremely low. I think it suits the overall look I'm going for. When you all see the seat and handlebar combo you might change opinions. Maybe.:laugh:

Everybody's always going to have an opinion! Your bike is definitely not looking like all the other clones :thumbsup:

builds like this is the reason i signed on......., i reckon it looks killer, would look rad with different shades of antique/pastel brown for the paint scheme!!..... just my 2cents....

^^^ That's what I did.^^^

Respoked them with Buchanan's spokes. I built my fork to the wheel. If you use stock XS forks, you have to make adaptors and spacers for the axle. Found both my 23" rims on Ebay. But any motorcycle junk yard should have 23" rims.

Back