My new build, "The 23"

Hey Carbon. Yea, I didn't want to over do it. Makes it look to busy. Wow! I read on your thread you did a four hour shake down ride. Brave man there. Must be the ex Marie in you.:D

Chopit. The rim stripes were my top priority, and the hardest to do apparently. The rims didn't come out as well as I'd hoped, but better than I could of done.:)

My Denver Broncos had a buy week, so I took an all day ride down to Bisbee AZ from Tucson. Stopped and got these pictures on top of Graderville Pass on the way home.

IMG_0414_zpsa386125b.jpg

IMG_0416_zpsf31b08a6.jpg

IMG_0411_zpsec1d015e.jpg

This one was taken in Sonoita, AZ, my last gas stop.

IMG_0410_zpsc9fdfe1f.jpg

Bike ran flawlessly the whole day. Initially, I thought I was to high geared on the passes. Then I realized I was to conservative with the throttle. It has a long pull throttle and I was not opening it up. Once I figure that out, I was eating up the hills with authority.:bike: Real good day.

Thanks everybody. I'm digging the new tank as well. I went to a bike night here in Tucson, at Hot Rod's Café last Thursday. I was parked in a sea of Harley's and a few Victory baggers. The lone Jap bike in the bunch until way later in the evening. I stood back a distance and watched all night. It always had a crowd around it with lots of pointing at this and that. Wish I could've been a fly on someone's shoulder to hear what was being said. But it was pretty clear, the bike was at least interesting.:laugh: Later when I was leaving, I got a few thumbs up as I rode through the parking lot.:bike:

Nice man! Must feel good. It's because of you I'm building a leafer. I've always wanted to, but wasn't sure if I could do it. After picking your brain I decided to back out until you said just do it. So I am. Thanks man!

Been awhile since I updated this thread. Since the last report, I've moved to Grand Junction, CO. Been riding the piss out of it up here. Amazing how much more riding you do when all the roads are new. Bad news this morning though. I was wiping it down and getting ready for a ride when I noticed broken spoke on the back wheel. :banghead: Not to be deterred, I safety wired it to the spoke next to it and went riding anyway. :D I guess tall rims and hard tails aren't the best mix. Monday I'm going to call Buchanan's for some spares, then watch the rear wheel more closely.:)

Part of the 500 and 1000 mile checks we did included checking spokes for settling and looseness. Your situation could be a wake-up call for anyone running new spokes/rims to do a spoke check during wheel break in...

HTML:
Part of the 500 and 1000 mile checks we did included checking spokes for settling and looseness. Your situation could be a wake-up call for anyone running new spokes/rims to do a spoke check during wheel break in...

Exactly!

Back