My on the cheap bobber build thread.

Hey has anybody else had problems with mikesxs fuel hose?
Just found a nice leak on mine. :wtf:I happened to walk past the bike and saw a small puddle under it. The hose I installed between the carbs swelled and is leaking pretty good. I didn't buy that hose,it came in a box of parts and was still in their packaging. I'll be replacing this crap with "real" fuel hose tomorrow thank you very much.

Better now than later. I've got some good fuel hose already. Just need to install it.
Damn, I'm cheap,but good fuel hose is a cheap.

Got the fuel line replaced. Took her for a spin up and down the shop road tonight.:bike::D Ran pretty good for not doing a proper tune and synch.Sounds pretty damn good,still might throw some baffles in her though. Gonna pick up my new brake hose in the morning. Kind of a weird feeling when you go to slow down and you've forgotten that you don't have a rear brake hose installed. :doh: Front brake works great though!

Got the fuel line replaced. Took her for a spin up and down the shop road tonight.:bike::D Ran pretty good for not doing a proper tune and synch.Sounds pretty damn good,still might throw some baffles in her though. Gonna pick up my new brake hose in the morning. Kind of a weird feeling when you go to slow down and you've forgotten that you don't have a rear brake hose installed. :doh: Front brake works great though!

:bike::thumbsup: Awesome!

Damn Carbon. :poke: My eyes are gettin' sore.:laugh: I'll try and get a longer video this weekend.
Well I got my rear brake hose and fittings on and they will work out great.
Took her out for a little longer putt and nothing rubs or fell off. :thumbsup:
I'll be breaking her down to finish welding and clean up for paint now.
Can't wait to start on the tins. I think I'll try to get my local sign shop to make me some decals of my profile pic to put on the sides of the electrics tank.
Going with a medium blue pearl and titanium stripe with maybe a thin red pinstripe between the two.
Any comments welcomed.

Last edited:
Glad you got her on the road John. The one sec sound bite sounded good :D I'm months away from where your at. Definitely need to see a longer vid of it though

It seems Mikes is like Harbor Freight in some regards.... Some things you can get away with buying, others not so much. You get what you need at a descent price but, you take your chances.

Sub xs650, I'm sure you meant tension. Yes there was a little tension on mine too, but hell I was getting that SOB cut one way or another. If I do it again I'll cut farther back and sneak up on it.
Thanks h3llb3nt1, I was planning to get her broke down today, but the wife wants to plant potatoes?:wtf: I'll be tilling up some dirt. If I get a chance I'll run to the shop and at least get a longer video.
Yes, mikesxs is a needed gamble. You know if they spent some time using their products, they might step up the quality. I'm sure we all would spend more for products that weren't crap.

Potatoes huh? Well, happy planting farmer John. HaHa. I go through the same thing in the spring with tomatoes and various other greenery so I feel your pain. Maybe we can come up with a way to combine the two. Just have to figure out how to mount a tiller to the rear axle :laugh:

Yeah Yeah, That's the ticket!
You couldn't help yourself with the Farmer John jab could ya?
Welp, got to go get some real life dirt under my finger nails! This will be a treat with my wife in charge and all.

+1 on the pinstripe! Nice color combo

Damn Carbon. :poke: My eyes are gettin' sore.:laugh: I'll try and get a longer video this weekend.
Well I got my rear brake hose and fittings on and they will work out great.
Took her out for a little longer putt and nothing rubs or fell off. :thumbsup:
I'll be breaking her down to finish welding and clean up for paint now.
Can't wait to start on the tins. I think I'll try to get my local sign shop to make me some decals of my profile pic to put on the sides of the electrics tank.
Going with a medium blue pearl and titanium stripe with maybe a thin red pinstripe between the two.
Any comments welcomed.

Back