my xs

dragginit93

Busted Knuckle Customs
Reaction score
well got my parts back from the coater and shes ready for final assembly lemme know what ya think and any idears for paint on te tank and fender
coatxs.jpg

coatxs2.jpg

It's looking great man. What are the plans for the tank and seat? Shit I like the tank just like it is... But I have a feeling you have something better in mind even.

the seat is a final product its a metal pan that i wrapped in marine vinyle eventually i wanna make my own"tuk and rol" seat but its good for now and for the tank id love to run it as is but ive put so much money into the bike that i dont wanna make it look like shit by not paintin the tank lol

Dude, other than the two weld spots I think it's awesome. Maybe some black pinstriping on it and you're good to go! I don't think it'd look like shit at all. That's just me. I'm peculiar. I like the peculiar.

Hey man no worries. I didn't look close enough at them to see what they were. I figured they were something like that or just repairing holes or what.

- id be tempted to leave it too - guard black .. electric box and tank clear coat n go ... underfinished is also a statement

I also like the tank just like that as well. I was gonna do that and clear over mine. But there is a guy in Hopedale iirc that retunneled my tank and he builds tons of hot rods and rails. He had a customer that wanted his rod all bare metal and cleared over it. So he did it and after 1 year the body was rusting from under the clear coat. I'd say leave it like that and take it to a hot rod show and have the one armed bandit stripe it. BYW I have been looking everywhere for those grips in 7/8" all I could find was 1" in the coke bottle style.

Its good to see another Masshole in here! HA

Last edited:
Even if it rusts under clear coat it's better than the accelerated rust it'd have without.. I think on my third bobber I build (still on first) I will do clearcoat only on the tank and fender with pinstriping only.

lol I love the tank too. Maybe with a little gold leaf added.... some tasty subtle black pin striping......
:) Neat bike.

Back