Center mount and bottom mount.

Attachments

• IMG_0289.jpg
    IMG_0289.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_0291.jpg
    IMG_0291.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 221
Pregrid, 37 rear 17 front takes off fine. for fun and mock up i had 41 on rear it was fun but ran out of steam quick. I have 18 and will order 34 and 35 for kicks. Most of my riding will be back roads not much highway. I ride with a buddy that has first gen Triumphs and he hates the highway.

Oh shit, now you've got a trailer queen. Don't dare ride this one again!:D
Seriously, congrats. Makes all the work err..........I mean fun more than worthwhile. Now ride the shit outta that thing!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's such a great looking machine. :thumbsup:
I've never riden a tracker, Super Moto or any upride sitting bike before as I'm quite tall at 6'2" and really prefer the chin down position of sorts bikes, but think I'll build one when the Cafe is done just to try it and say I've done it.

Oh and thanks for the build thread/insiration with the modern front end etc.

Frank

Awesome bike! :thumbsup:
I'm doing a spoked wheel with RGV USD's and 6pot calipers. Just curious as to what you ended up with the fork spacing to be so that the calipers cleared the spokes.

Andy,
Welcome to the site I am building a Flat tracker and carrying out a few Mods/Upgrades, I am fitting R6 forks but I am keeping the centres of the forks which are about 18mm wider than the standard XS650 forks.

I have found this site an invaluable tool in my build

R6FORKSXS650UPGRADE004.jpg
[/IMG]

I have machined a couple of equal spacers to go behind the discs and flush with my wire spoke wheels

DISCADAP006.jpg
[/IMG]

Leslie

Leslie, I have the same calipers and fork but coming from '00 FZ600 FAZER.
I have spokes wheels and I need to machine the calipers because they do touch the spokes.

I've just bought a 77 xs650 which already has some air pod filters on it, not K&N but copies. Can anybody tell me what rejet kit sizes I need? I realise it's a trial and error thing but if I can benefit from someone else's errors and save money I'll be happy.

Back