Need Frame Jig Cones Made

Ugh.. I've been working on getting quotes to have these cones CNC made in bulk to try to get the cost down. So far, things aren't looking that good. I'll post more about the cones when I know more.

I wanted to get the attached pictures posted sooner, but I got side tracked with my welding table project.

Anyway, this is the frame jig kit I mentioned before. It won't look exactly like this, but this gives you and idea of what the final product will look like. It all bolts together and can be disassembled and tucked away when you're done. I'll post pricing and availability details later. My best guess is that these will be available about the first week of April.

Attachments

• frame_jig_kit.jpg
    frame_jig_kit.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 196
  • frame_jig_kit_assembled.jpg
    frame_jig_kit_assembled.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 219
WOW Travis! Very impressive, I am very interested (You'll hear alot of that, until it times come to write a check)

How much do you think that jig kit (without the tube stock) will run? $200-300 ?

I'll be watching, looks very nice, and would bolt to my handbuilt motorcycle workbench wonderfully. :D

I've got the first set going in the lathe right now. I don't think ill be able to do them for the price Travis mentioned though,probably going to be closer to $60 a set. There is more machining into a set than you would think. Ill let ya know when i have a couple sets available.

I did get one cut tonight before i got side tracked on another job. Just have to cut it to length. Went to cut the bat stock down to a size to fit in the lathe and remembered oh shit the band saw blade is dead,ordered up a couple new ones but had to rough cut this one with the chop saw,ya 2"od solid on a chop saw sucks.
I have enough material here to make up 24 sets,ill do those and see how it goes that after that. The first one took a long time but It will get much faster as I get a system down.
2012-03-08200220.jpg

WOW Travis! Very impressive, I am very interested (You'll hear alot of that, until it times come to write a check)

How much do you think that jig kit (without the tube stock) will run? $200-300 ?

I'll be watching, looks very nice, and would bolt to my handbuilt motorcycle workbench wonderfully. :D

very interested in the jig kit and the cones, ill b waiting to see the final prices

These should be ready around the first week of April (so a little more than three weeks from now). I'll probably offer a couple of different configurations and hope to come in closer to the $200 mark.

I already have a set of jig cones from ebay, was going to build my own jig off plans I downloaded from somewhere.

What would you charge for a kit, minus the cones?

Yep that's one example of what I meant about having different configurations. I will sell them without cones for less $$ and will post prices as soon as I can. :thumbsup:

Excellent, Now if it would just fit 3x3 tubing I have a dozen or so 8 ft lengths laying at the shop :thumbsup:

Edit, looking at the pics again it looks like it would fit if I put rediculously long bolts in.... hmmm

Yeah some 9-1/2" or 10" bolts and a four 1/2" spacers for the neck cone fixture, as well as some proper length spacers for the axle plate fixture and you'd be in business. Once they're up for sale, contact me and I'm sure we can make something work. You'd have to make your own fixture for the lower engine mount though, because I don't think one I'm going to sell will work, but that's a pretty simple fixture.

I'll take one of those jigs kits as well when they are available. That is if you ship to Canada.
That's a real slick kit. I need the cones too.

Back