Need more advice

Dengler41

XS650 Newbie
Reaction score
So I have found another good buy BUT it has no title. I am just wondering what the problems could be with this. I am building this bike for myself so I am checking to see if this will even be a problem

Depending on your state laws, it can be an insurmountable problem, or no problem at all.

Welcome to the board.
Start at your states DMV. They should be able to tell you what it will take.

Last edited:
Oh Yeah, the good Ole DMV they'll steer you straight! Straight into paperwork hell if they don't just laugh at you. LOL Honestly if you have to ask a non title bike isn't for you. What state are you from, if you want the true low down.

Iowa??? Stay away, stay far far away. Sorry but it's a parts bike plain and simple, check with redwingsfan or Jayal if you don't believe me. I had an Iowa bike, guy had been through a divorce, title was lost in the shuffle. Even with a license plate and his name I was SOL. Pieces of that bike are spread around the country. I think the engine is living in a bobber in Chicago now. Wisconsin and Illinois are just as bad. I did get a Minnesota title straightened out once a long time ago. Addressed a letter to dear faceless bureaucrat. Actually got a title back from him. My bud still has the approval letter, signed...... Faceless Bureaucrat.

Back