Need some help with stock factory harness

In my factory manuals next to the diagrams is a list of abbreviations for the color codes. Ch is Chocolate. The wire may look dark brown but it is chocolate.
On the wiring harness there should be a white tape looking thing that has a part number on it. It may be gone or not easily readable.
You can look up the harness on a parts sellers parts fiche the get the correct part number. Like boats.net They used the same harness on the TX650A, XS650B and C.
Part # 447-82590-33-00
There was a change for the C model. The horn on the TX650A and XS650B had the wires for the horn hard wired, the C model had the wires plug on.
On the controls if they are from some other years the color codes may be different.
As in some years ran the brown wire to the engine stop switch, other it was a red/white wire. These changes are not really important as long as the function of the control is maintained.
Leo

I did the same thing with my 74. it was all there. But lots in horrible shape. Hone and rering with stem seals for the motor along with a pamco. The rest was clean up what i could or buy new custom parts. all in all it looks pretty good. Just Good clean runner.

Thanks Leo!
Good luck on the resto mod Pat D......rd headlight eh? Hmmm.....
That's what was on it when I got it- the bucket, anyway. Dumbass me lovingly sanded it down and put a sweet coat of paint on it before I realized it wasn't the right piece(or at least didn't match the other 2 complete headlights I have). So, being somewhat stubborn, I'm trying to run down a ring assembly and bulb for it.

The wiring is pretty tight inside the normal sized bucket. Hope you can fit it all in that little one.

Back