New member LTGTR - Photos as requested - 77D

LTGTR

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Thanks again for the welcome a week ago. I received my chromed mudguards a couple of days ago and this allowed me to finish off the wiring to the rear of the bike and get the bike in a state that I can show you some photos.
I have also shown my way I getting rid of the ugly (my opinion only) bracket that supports the rear blinkers.
I am pleased with this round and realize I have lots more to do.
Hope its presentable enough for the forum.

Special note for 650Skull for your records
P1030667.JPG
P1030668.JPG
P1030669.JPG
P1030667.JPG
P1030668.JPG
P1030669.JPG
P1030671.JPG
P1030672.JPG
P1030673.JPG
Import papers show April 2018 - from USA - 1976 Yamaha XS650D - 447711371

Hope its presentable enough for the forum.

Oops! My bad - I didn't realise there was a standard bikes had to reach for the forum. Agree with DE, very pretty.

DE - do you think Mailman faces a rival on the tidy garage front? No, of course not, silly idea!

Thanks for looking.
Raymond - refer "the standard of bikes on this forum" - because I know all the parts of my bike that are not up to standard and a bit tired and the photos dont show that, I have got a long way to go to match the standard of the bikes on the forum..
Hovel - the other bike is a 2018 Honda CB1000R - I have attached a photo - I have just dressed it up a bit - changed the colour of the wheels to white, tail tidy, home made mirrors, acrapovic exhaust and a bit of pinstiping to separate the colours on the tank and removed the ugly golf ball size badge on the tank.
5 Twins - thanks for the advice - yes I may have to keep a supply of 23W globes - I cant help it, I just find those original brackets horrible.
650 Skull - did you get the info for your records.
Regards Ray.
P1030607.JPG

It wasn't really the bulbs I was concerned about, it's the hollow threaded shaft acting as the mounting bolt. I tried something like that on an SR500 and the signals broke right off within a few hundred miles. I think there's good reason they encase the whole signal mount in a big rubber grommet.

650Skull - the white sticker on the steering head/stem is in very poor condition and I cant find a date on whats left, but I can see the Vin. The import certificate says 76. Sorry I cant be more helpful.
Regards Ray.

650Skull - sorry about all the posts - I just went and had another look - I can just make out, very faintly and right on the torn edge of the sticker 12/76.
Hope this helps,
Ray.

650Skull - sorry about all the posts - I just went and had another look - I can just make out, very faintly and right on the torn edge of the sticker 12/76.
Hope this helps,
Ray.

Dam sorry i never got back to you................Due to the bike being engineered when it was imported they went off the date of manufacture on the vin sticker........The 12/76 makes it a 77D.........this wont matter as far as registration is concerned, where it will matter is if you start asking for parts for a 76C. The D models had a lot of major changes to the front fork set up, the front guard was changed, 35mm forks, (in stead of 34mm for the 76), the fork lowers are different, bigger to take the 35mm sliders and the lower brackets were removed because of the changed guard, the front calipers,rotors and the master-cylinder for the brakes were changed, the gauges are different, (basically the same from 77-79 standards), the seat has a different profile, the foam padding is a bit thicker and the cover has a different profile.....Wiring loom is different.

No difference between the motors, tins or wheels or the rest of the running gear. Electrical components are the same, charging system and relays.

This link shows the models and you can see the difference between the 76 and 77.
http://www.xs650.com/threads/xs650-...workshop-manuals-and-other-information.30569/

Back