New to the forum and thought I would share my build.

I think you will find your monoshock spring to be too soft to ride with, even with a fzr spring. It is the geometry/leverage of the suspension that makes the difference. You need to replicate these doo hickeys to make it work correctly. Or you could get a custom wound spring made. Bike looks great, I like what you did with the curved frame rails, looks featherbed-esque.
$(KGrHqZ,!hYE5sP5gzKOBOmzmStKBQ~~60_12.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

I changed my rear shock geometry some. I didn't even need to put in the FZR spring. I've got it all set up with .75" of static sag. I also obviously finished the swingarm brace and I also got the rear wheel spacers in. On the list for the coming week, set up the brakes, shifter and make the rear fender. If I'm lucky I will get stuff to the powder coater by Friday.

Things are going to slow down a lot now. I just had to pay a very large bill that I didn't expect. I still have enough to get the roller complete but the motor will have to wait.

IMG_0238.jpg

Hopefully you get back on track soon. Great build. Hope to see more soon. Did you give a sit on bump up and down test, to see how the rear suspension setup feels?

Last edited:
i bet that number headlight thing wont look too bad once there are tires and an engine and everything else to balance it out a bit. looking pretty cool man.

i bet that number headlight thing wont look too bad once there are tires and an engine and everything else to balance it out a bit. looking pretty cool man.

Well cross the bikes got clip on bars and it looks more like a cafe than tracker and it looks like crap with that type of type of headlight.

I'm loving this thread man! Very much my type of bike, and I really like what you did with the frame.

No shame in taking awhile to finish, i'm going on 2 1/2 years with mine!

I love my XS, that's why I'm here. What you are building is impressive. But I gotta say, if I was building a rolling piece like you are doing, I'd want more powering it than a XS650. Again, I love my bike, for everything it is and isn't. But a build like you are doing is wanting some real power.

Back