New to the forum and thought I would share my build.

Thanks for all of the feedback. I'm still not sold on the front number plate either. I know for sure that I don't want a single large headlight. I might just have to change the size and shape of it.

I don't mind the 60hp. I just mind the $1600 that it's going to cost me to build it. My last bike had 154hp and I had to sell it so I didn't end up getting arrested. My Buell is geared down so low that it will only do 75mph for the same reason. If it's lower on power I can still raise hell in the mountains and even kick the shit out of most of the track day wieners. It's all about corner speed for me. Sitting on it reminds me of my old Honda RS125. The down side is that it doesn't weigh 165#.

And, thanks for not taking a shot at my wife...

You guys be nice to Scabber. He might have asperger's and just doesn't know how to speak in social situations. :D

It's getting a front number plate, plain and simple. I wasn't real happy with it before but wasn't sure what to do. The comment made me think about it some more. So, I changed it to this.

IMG_02431.jpg

How about this number plate style from a Gregg's Customs bike?

greggs-r1-tracker4.jpg

It's a little different looking, but more of a finished piece in my opinion.
Boxing the sides with a little rounded edge just makes it look 100 times better.

Thanks for the tip Yamaha_chop. Most of those are pretty good looking. I guess I'm going to have to break out the poster board and start modeling something new. Besides, it's something to do while I'm making more money to pay for motor parts.

How about this number plate style from a Gregg's Customs bike?

greggs-r1-tracker4.jpg

It's a little different looking, but more of a finished piece in my opinion.
Boxing the sides with a little rounded edge just makes it look 100 times better.

I went to his site, but didn't see any plates listed. I did watch the tracker vid, is that the plate you mean? Also no link in your post

Like it or hate it, this is the final version of the number plate. I like it a lot better than the very first one. Thanks guys for pulling my head out of my ass.

IMG_0244.jpg

Wow, you're movin' right along! Nice work!! Although I'm a little jealous (I'm still waiting for my bodywork to be done).

Probably my age but Skulls don't work for me on anything, I'm more of a MoonEye's guy. This is another great build, that I really like.. Plenty of chops,bobs,and rats to go around, imho. Again thats just me. More trackers,cafe's and hot rod stockers needed, again imho.

Last edited:
Great work looking real nice.

You should share it on "Do the Ton" as well, there will be plenty of folks on there (as well as on here) that will appreciate the work that has gone into this build.

That headlight setup looks great I like the skull :thumbsup: I had to say what I was thinking. Now you have a nice original looking setup keep up the good work. :thumbsup: :D

I'm getting close. The roller is totally done. I'm in the process of building the motor right now. The crank and cam are at Hugh's getting re-phased and the cylinder is getting the first over-bore. I'll start engraving the case covers soon.

Back