ok, wait.... um.... what? "Unusual" XS...

not my cup of tea, however, i do appreciate the work involved. not sure what those hard bags came from but they go very well with the rest of the bike. just goes to show how versatile the xs650 is when it comes to styling and customization.

Solid proof that the winter in Wisconsin it too damn long! Kind of a shame, but a lot of work went into that thing, and it still has that ugly stock master cylinder on it!

Not my flavor, but some serious attention to detail has gone into it for sure.

I was thinking something similar, Chef. Very curious what those came from. '50s-'60s European, maybe? My only real critisism is the headlamp; I would have use a 7", not a 5 1/2". Rear fender looks familiar, like DKW or Puch, maybe?

That headlight is like a giant chrome pimple... doesn't go with the harley shroud, the missing cow bells detract from the 'look', and theres an overall lack of chrome for the style of bike it is. Good effort, but looks like they ran out of money and took a lot of short cuts.

I'm sure you can make something out of that thing. Has it's charm in its way as it is, and there has been some work put in, but it's like buying a house - you like the layout but the decorating will have to be done again, even though the old couple selling have just spent a fortune getting it to their taste.

Anlaf

I like the look from the 40's-50's, but not in that color.
Goggle 1940's motorcycle and some of the Indian's were accessorized in a similar fashion. The Triumphs had that "look" also. But on the other side of the coin Cushman scooters had lots of metal also. . . . . .
Super job on the bike.
The first thing I'd change? It has to have fishtails with chrome flex pipe!

Shows to go ya' how creative we XS guys can be. I agree that the small headlight is an eye sore, but overall I think the builder did a pretty good job.

Back