Opinion on 1983 Heritage Special

XSJoel

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
Hey guys, I got a barn fresh Heritage Special the other day. It was in my neighbor's detached garage. The owner bought it new in 1984, rode it until 1997 when he started experiencing carb trouble so he parked it. He died a year later. The bike is original and complete minus the key. It had rust over most of the bike, the engine is not locked up, unknown compression. I have enough on my plate and really don't want to try to restore it or get it running and just wonder what everyone think it is worth as it sits. Has original title signed by the original owner before he passed. Side covers included but not pictured. On to the good stuff, the pics!

I am a college student so it's hard enough to get stuff done on my bike with my finances. I am going to take a compression test if I can talk my dad into buying another compression tester, I use his and it broke about a month ago. If it comes back good I will go ahead and clean the tank and carbs, replace the plugs and get it running.

I don't know about up north, but down here I haven't seen many XS650s for sale. I swear it's one every 6 months if that and they are always way overpriced.

I bought a 1981 XS650 from the original owner, threw a pamco and PMA on it, so I don't need another. I also have a spare complete engine and the 19/16" spoke wheel set as well. Think I can manage with that.

Back