Radian swingarm for a tracker = $$$$$ ??

The Radian swingarm is longer which will stretch the wheelbase a bit. In the dirt bike world, a longer wheelbase = the bike's more stable in a straight line but doesn't turn as quick. Does anyone who has done this swap have any comments on that?

Reviving this thread as Im mocking up now on my tracker build.

1975 C Frame
2014 R1 Forks
Cognigmoto triples with 30 mm rake
Radian Swing arm

Im hoping on advice regarding shock length and how to calculate . I imagine they will be longer and i will be moving the mounts inboard to recenter the shocks I am 6 ' 3" so i wouldnt mind taller.
Thanks in advance.

I used shock from a late model Triumph Bonneville Scrambler. Cheap on E bay when I bought them in 2013 or so. They are longer than oem XS shocks and worked well with Radian arm. Rode fine also. See my old tracker thread.

I used shock from a late model Triumph Bonneville Scrambler. Cheap on E bay when I bought them in 2013 or so. They are longer than oem XS shocks and worked well with Radian arm. Rode fine also. See my old tracker thread.
Nice tracker build thread there RD

You might want to consider a adjustable shock mount to change shock angle and ride height.
xs today 006.JPG XS650 build 030.JPG

Yes. I moved the mounts in so the shock sits vertical. I also used a 520 chain to get more shock clearance. The stock XS650 axle size is 20mm and the Radian is 17mm. The Radian swing arm is also wider. The swing arm in the pic has a Barnes QC wheel and uses the 17mm bearings and the stock Radian axle. Plan on making some spacers. I didn`t have a build thread on this one but the bearings and axle are the real issue. Not all that complicated.

Back