reg/rec and stator wire question

loradoxs

XS650 Member
Reaction score
The ignition has four different terminals (ie: power, ignition, acc, and start)

My question is does anyone know what terminal the wire that runs from the reg/rec and stator to the ignition should it connect to?

I currently have it running to the ACC, but I'm not sure if that is correct. I've looked at all the wiring diagrams and it just shows the wiring running to the key switch, not a specific terminal in the key switch.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Posting your bike year, mods, ect on your signiture helps a ton, as all are different.

What color wires are they?
I'm assuming when you say ignition, you are talking about the key switch?

I have a '79 with a reg/rec combo. The brown wire from the reg/rec connects to the black wire from the stator/rotor assembly. From there a wire runs to the key switch. I just need to know what terminal on the key switch do I connect it to.

Is it supposed to be the Power terminal? Ignition terminal? ACC terminal? or Start terminal.

Anybody out there please help. I haven't found any information on this. Currently I have it connected to the ACC terminal (along with all the connections for the running/brake lights). I don't know if this is correct.

If it helps, it's a '79 with a simple wiring harness. No electric starter, electronic Pamco ignition, pods, etc...

Using the switch you are using, you need to know which terminals are hot when in the run position. How many positions does the switch have? Off/on/start is often how they are set up.
I assme that the power terminal is were the power comes into the switch from the battery thru a 20 amp fuse. If so when in the on position are the ignition and acc terminal hot? If both are, then running the ignition from the ignition terminal and the rest from the acc is correct.
In the start position it probably makes the start terminal hot. Not using the starter this won't be used.

Here is the diagram I tried to send you.

Attachments

• 314w9s3.jpg
    314w9s3.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 82
Back