Remove kickstand / side stand how?

Is this the normal position for the side stand boss / bung? It's hanging over the case bottom plate, clearing it by maybe 1/8". The bottom plate would have to slip in and out diagonally. I've had the plate off, but I don't remember how it was then.

Attachments

• DSCI0946a.jpg
    DSCI0946a.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 115
Also, is this much bend in the stand normal? If not, I could possibly hammer it straighter to make the bike sit more upright on the stand.

Attachments

• DSCI0947.jpg
    DSCI0947.jpg
    324.9 KB · Views: 95
The case looks about right, on the last pan I took off, I had to beat the bung back a bit with a block and maul there was no clearance to the case.

Well, I couldn't get it any tighter than it was, because of how it's made. It would take shimming to tighten it.

On the bright side, the boss looks okay, with those machining rings around it still present, so it isn't worn much. The stand on the other hand looks worn as hell and just flops around on it, so realistically I think she needs a new stand.

I discovered an easy way to get the spring back on. Grab the bottom hook about halfway up with a mini vice grip, hook the top on, put a screwdriver through the jaws in the vice grip and with the stand up just lever the bottom hook on with the screwdriver.

^Yep. Good idea. Wish you'd thought of it before I put it back on :) The locking tab looks kind of used up and I don't know if it could handle another use. I know of a welder close by too. Hmmm. It looked like a lot of material was ground off on the bottom from use, actually.

Test park it on a piece of the plate you plan on using. I ended up having to add a 2nd piece to get mine leaning correctly (due to longer rear shocks) .....

ModdedSideStand.jpg

^Good idea, and good reason to take it over there first with the stand on. My problem is it has started wanting to tip over when parked with heavy bags on the back. I have to make sure it's parked on just the right patch of pavement; like with the stand pointed uphill on the drainage.

Back