some wiring diagrams

Crap not white and blue, it's white and black!

And yes it can be eliminated from the system! The new unit you ordered will replace this.

Here Is my set up
full

Hey to all of my XS650 enthusiasts. So, I've looked at MANY of these diagrams and I just want to be sure with which one to go with or closest to at least. Here we go. I have a 79 Special. I have added a Hugh's PMA and Rec/Reg. I have added a pamco pete electronic ignition with mechanical advance and a dual output coil from Mikesxs. Part #14-0902 (Complete PAMCO ignition kit). I am going to keep the original headlight and want to add aftermarket turn signals(not LED) and brake light. I want to add an aftermarket starter/kill switch and headlight/turn signal switch with high low. I need help with the wiring as far as what to keep and what to get rid of. What old electrical parts to keep, get rid of.
Appreciate all the help so far and hopefully I can start her and ride her soon.
Rob

rmclaughlin: You can use the diagram above. The only difference is a regular flasher and regular signals. It shows, the high low switch and directional switch. I can add more diagrams.

Another question. Do you know of a great online electrical parts store for wiring junctions, connectors, fuse boxes etc. Don't really want to put this back together with Auto Zone stuff.

After a long time waiting finally got the kit from mikesxs... I'll read the instructions tonight and hopefully have installed by tomorrow

If you have the stock stator and rotor, that makes it easy to set the engine to TDC, then remove the stock parts and install the PMA without turning the engine.
Leo

Question for you brother.. When you installed the pamco from mikesxs kit, did you use 2 bronze bushings on the right side? Reason I ask is because my kit came with 3 bronze bushings, 2 of them I used but I have one spare. Also 3 locating pins came with the kit and I only used 1 so obviously 2 left over I'm wondering if there just extras. I found I video on youtube and only saw the guy just use one pin I believe on Hugh's blog only mentioned one pin. Thanks

Question for you brother.. When you installed the pamco from mikesxs kit, did you use 2 bronze bushings on the right side? Reason I ask is because my kit came with 3 bronze bushings, 2 of them I used but I have one spare. Also 3 locating pins came with the kit and I only used 1 so obviously 2 left over I'm wondering if there just extras. I found I video on youtube and only saw the guy just use one pin I believe on Hugh's blog only mentioned one pin. Thanks

One pin goes on the end of the rod on the right side. The other goes on the bronze bushing on the right side, it locates for timing. I would say that the other parts are spares. As long as you installed everything correctly and put that timing locator pin in on the right side you should be good. Double check the youtube video's by "83bobber"

One pin goes on the end of the rod on the right side. The other goes on the bronze bushing on the right side, it locates for timing. I would say that the other parts are spares. As long as you installed everything correctly and put that timing locator pin in on the right side you should be good. Double check the youtube video's by "83bobber"

argh!! lol im still at work..ill denfinetely check all what you mentioned when i get home. so did you only use one bronze bushing for each side?

There should be three pins in use. One in each end of the advance rod, one locates the Pamco rotor, the other end locates the advancer disc.
The third locates the advancer unit to the cam.
I think the advancer rod comes with the pins installed. They are small and easy to loose, so they send extras.
Leo

There should be three pins in use. One in each end of the advance rod, one locates the Pamco rotor, the other end locates the advancer disc.
The third locates the advancer unit to the cam.
I think the advancer rod comes with the pins installed. They are small and easy to loose, so they send extras.
Leo

I believe you are right my friend. I looked all over the rod and that what I've concluded is that the pins already come installed on the advance rod.

Back