Steering Head Bearings????

Lee Harvey Griswold

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys, Just tried to order the steering head bearings and races from Mikes and apparently he's all sold out! Was just wondering if any of you gentlemen can point me in the right direction on finding some!!

Thanks,

LHG

So MikesXS, 650central, and goallballs are the same bearings, same parts just being sold at three different places that recognize the Yamaha XS650 as a fitted vehicle?

I'd have no problem ordering straight from a bearing place like that, if so. They look different though, hence my asking beforehand...

Logan

Does anyone sell the lower dust seal? I made one out of old thermostat gaskets, but I'd rather have the real deal.

I'd have no problem ordering straight from a bearing place like that, if so. They look different though, hence my asking beforehand...

- they state... NOTE: Not acutal product image ...the image is probably a generic photo

- i guess its not really important where you get them from - the critical factor is their size, which i believe to be
Upper: 25 x 48 x 15.2​
Lower: 30 x 48 x 15​

Alfredo, the 1inch trailer bearings are for fitting an after market springer to the 650 frame. The same procedeure will probably work for any H-D front end.
LHG, they sell them all over ebay.

Find a bearing specialty store. Usually in a industrial area. Take the bearing and they can cross reference the number. It might be the same as a trailer bearing, which will be ok, because those are usuall made for heavy load and high speed. Note, you dont turn the handle bars very fast but they do have a high load.

Back