The Stovetop Scrambler: 1974 tx650 Scrambler Rebuild

Them some stock "dog piss" xs650 standard wheels. 18 and 19.

Thanks guys.. Just waitin on rings to arrive and motor will be going back together and in!

Heres the finished carbs.

New jets, I actually upped a size on both mains and pilots to see how it runs. Had the odd bit of popping with the previous set-up.

Im also going to add a little bit of uni foam to the v-stacks. Dont want to ruin a nice motor.

Final thing, Got the cylinders deglazed/honed, am hoping my gaskets arrive tomorrow so I can assemble!

img0733qd.jpg

I just had a big post typed out and accidentally hit the back button but Ill summarize.

The motor is pretty well done other than a few small things. I received a big order that contained my 520 front sprocket, 520 black anodized rear (32t), a gold RK racing x-ring chain, and some other goodies.

Hopefully I will have the bike running in the next two weeks as I have some spare time!

img0787qq.jpg

img0783zu.jpg

img0766kc.jpg

Well I went a bit crazy today and got some more work done..

img0798ok.jpg

img0806ry.jpg

img0801ms.jpg

img0799w.jpg

Also, got some clear alternator covers for sale. Check the shop section for details..

img0814u.jpg

Looking great I'll have to read back to see how you got your motor so clean it is all looking simple and neat.

Damn the gold chain is going to look dope! Nice headlight but I really dug that previous one you had with the brow. I'd scotchbrite that shit and paint the trim ring black or copper to accent the rest of the bike. You planning to paint or keep it raw?

keepin er raw! everything else is so shiny so I need a little soul left over..

you want to buy the headlight j? haha .. it's got fresh paint on the bucket, polished eyebrow and a brushed chrome ring now

Haha somehow I'm reminded of the late ol'dirty bastard.. haha oh baby I like it raw...

Dude I'd be interested in your old headlight if you don't plan on using it.

Painted one of me helmets today..Sort of.. Took a total of about 9 minutes..

img0837sy.jpg

And Johan, Heres the light..

img0835qs.jpg

img0833xr.jpg

PM me an offer if you want it!

Some updates for ya'll!

The bike is like 98% done at this point. Most of the wiring is complete, just waiting on hughs pma and a sparx capacitor from lowbrow. Heres a few shots!

The electrics tray: Enough space for all my electrics, and a few wrenches/pair of gloves. Its been painted black now, and had a blade fuse block mounted in. I will take some completed pics shortly.

img0879br.jpg

Patched sump

img0918wm.jpg

Skateboard wheel tail light

img0878ud.jpg

img0962sx.jpg

Side mounted plate, and "floating" rear fender

img0975fl.jpg

img0981gy.jpg

img0979f.JPG

img1026d.jpg

The slip and bleed pedals I made. Yes, they still spin ;) They are NOS schwinn pedals

img1028hw.jpg

And pretty well done. Gold chain! Cause pimpin a'int easy. Its a heavy duty X-ring sealed chain by RK

img1020kr.jpg

Still sorting out the front brake issues.. Throwing a stock caliper on for now I think

Comments welcomed! Enjoy.

Back