Thinkin about starting an xs club in portland

Actually, Oregon is bigger than the entire UK in square miles (or km if you prefer...)

lawrgj: I'm sure I saw your bike, but I'm trying to remember... On the way in I was just concentrating on getting past Harley/Ducati row (I prefer my V-twins cheap and modified!) and on the way out I had hit bike overload!

PM'ing my email...

Hey all,
I just got back from the 1 show in portland,
It is fantastic to see a community of bikers out there that just love what they do...
It was a trip,
Got me thinking however...
What if we start an xs club in PDX and next year we rep at the show,
I am thinking a few rides, a monthly or bi-monthly meetup. etc..
this way we could all tell tales of where and how to find help, critique, and generally have some fun with our bikes,

If I get 5 people that want in, I am going to organize the first meetup.

Hay man im almost done with my build and im in PDX. I would love to get a club going

I PMed you... I was at the One Show Friday with some friends and then took the family there on Saturday for the early uncrowded portion of the day. Need to get that Lucky Irish guy with that green XS to join. I talked to him for about a half hour on Friday night. He used to jump that XS over Logging trucks back in the 70's and do show with Evil Knievel.

Yeah, I was checking out that bike. I was thinking, "That's kinda cool..." until I looked at the pedestal with all the clippings and realized it wasn't just something someone had set up to look old. Jumping an XS...

Yeah, I was checking out that bike. I was thinking, "That's kinda cool..." until I looked at the pedestal with all the clippings and realized it wasn't just something someone had set up to look old. Jumping an XS...

Any pics of the "green" XS? We would all like to see a jumping XS:laugh:

Ha! My wife thinks i am trying to start a biker gang! I told her, wrong bike, wrong guys. Then she said i would be overthrown and you all would start a gang w/o me lol

I don't know if this will work.It might not be large enough for you.
Graphic1_zpsdb22d8d9.jpg

Any pics of the "green" XS? We would all like to see a jumping XS:laugh:

Didn't take any pics, I'm bad about that. It was actually a newspaper clipping ca. 1973 that was part of a collage on the plywood stand the bike sat up on. Sounds bat-shit crazy to me too, but the guy did it!

Back