"Thug Life"....My Build

Thanks guys. Not really much progress this week...between work, wife, and kids I can't seem to get much done!!! I did flip the rockers on the springer to level the frame out a little. I don't have a part # on hand, but it is a DNA 4 under black springer. I bought it off eBay from American Classics. I bought a kit from Ardcore with new bearings and races....worked like a charm. Hopefully, I can get some more done soon!!

I just got my custom seat...hand tooled leather. I think a bike named "CAPONE" deserved a seat like this! Thanks to Fred @ www.misfitskinnykustoms.com

a3c12749.jpg

bf3998ca.jpg

I had to wait over a week, but eventually my new 4" under black DNA Springer arrived. I couldn't decide between a 2 or 4 under...I could have really went either way. I figured the 4 under would be closer to the look I was going for. After seeing it on the bike, I'm glad I went with my gut.

825e6501.jpg

where did you find a four inch under springer for an xs? ive been looking for one for my xs and cant find one. ive only seen two inch under(stock xs650 height)

^He wrote he bought it off ebay, from American Classics.

Ha! The Capone likeness is great. The creator is pretty talented. You know the story of the baseball bat he's holding and the meeting he called?

Yea....what he said!! Lol. It's not made for an XS...it's actually made for a Harley neck and includes a 3/4" axel for a Harley wheel. If you do a search on here there are a couple ways to secure it to the XS neck with new bearings and races. I bought a kit from Ardcore Choppers that included everything. It was quick, easy, and clean.

I know bits and peices of the story behind the bat. I guess he supposedly called a meeting and whacked a couple of his guys that were getting ready to roll over on him. I've also heard that one of them may have been a relative???

Well, it's time to get busy again. I've been sidetracked with other projects. I should have a little more done in the next week or so. I did flip the rockers on the springer to bring the frame down a little more in the front.

17277fc5.jpg

Dude this is crazy I'm in the middle of the same build but I have a tc bros hardtail and I wanted to change it to a G&L Hardtail. Awesome looking bike. Cant wait to see it. I will post mine when I'm done Ive been taking pics along the way. Dan is an inspiration.

If the last post was aimed at me, I wish Im here in CT and don't really see to many bobbers out here on the road definitely not many XS650s. Hope to see more like capone.

Well it's been awhile since I've updated this. I hope to keep rolling on this if time allows. Jon @ Ardcore just built these pipes for me along with some other fab work. I think they are tits....turned out badass. **Don't mind the ugly seat pan used for mock up.**

20120817_195857.jpg

20120817_202713.jpg

20120817_202902.jpg

20120817_202922.jpg

20120817_202021.jpg

20120817_202108.jpg

20120817_202355.jpg

lookin really nice. I like the bars and exhaust in particular. Are you worried about cylinder temps with the headers right there?

Frky...I made spacers. I will get pics and measurements sometime soon.

Kent....I think it will be ok. I've seen tons of bikes thru the years running high pipes. This will be my first set so we'll see. Lol

Back