"Thug Life"....My Build

It will definitely be rode. There has been thousands of choppers and custom bikes through the years with no front brake. It's not going to be the bike I'll hop on if I want go on an all day ride, but it will be something I take to bike nights and shows..etc.

Posted via Mobile

Another package arrived today from Steel Dragon....new polished velocity stacks for my BS38's that oldskoolcarbs just finished. I am very impressed with the quality. They are machined aluminum and look like chrome. They have 3 set screws each to mount them. If you look at the bottom of them in the pics below you can see how thick they are at the base. Screens were also included. Here is a link to the website if anyone is interested.

http://steeldragonperformance.com/products_2.html

20120919_162750_zps629328d0.jpg

20120919_162659_zpse0a0ecf8.jpg

20120919_162937_zps8e837404.jpg

Posted via Mobile

I'm getting ready to tear her down for powdercoat and paint. Here is a few progress pics. Big thanks to Jon @Ardcore Choppers for the help this week. I decided to go with my version of the Mulligan Machine mids with vintage looking spoon pegs. The fender, brake pivot, mids, oil tank, brake switch mount, coil mount, hidden switch mounts are all done. I'm hoping to have this thing finished up in the next couple weeks.

20121006_105453.jpg

20121006_105509.jpg

20121006_110551.jpg

20121006_110535.jpg

Posted via Mobile

A few more....front motor mount machined to match the rear. I've also been working on getting the motor ready...all new seals, gaskets, rings, cam chain, valve seals, ect.

20121006_105543.jpg

20121006_105532.jpg

20121006_105742.jpg

20121006_105632.jpg

20121006_112416.jpg

Posted via Mobile

I gotta do a little more cleanup on the rear fender before it goes to the painter. The rear wheel will actually move forward when I do final assembly. The fender matches the contour of the rear wheel and tire when its in the correct position....I have it all the way back in this picture.

20121006_113208.jpg

Posted via Mobile

Last edited:
One of the vendors should offer up rollers like that with all of the hard stuff out of the way so you could just add your engine and wire it up.
jefft

NOT to be a BANDWAGNER but, I would re think the REAR DRUM ONLY brake thing. I have rear drum with NEW shoes (2k miles old) and have tried driving home using rear only brakes, it is SCAREY !!! It is YOUR bike do as you wish but you should make provisions to put a front on there JUST IN CASE you dont like it after riding rear only, SUCKS to have to redsign a bike after it is all painted and rideable.

Other than that I LOVE WHAT YOU ARE BUILDING !!!!! LOOKS AWSOME and craftsman ship seems TOP NOTCH !!!!

Turbo....Thanks for the compliments. Things can always be changed, but I've rode a few rear brake only bikes before. You have to get a feel for it.

Jeff....Like Sure said, I'm sure that Ardcore can put together a custom package for anyone interested.

Posted via Mobile

Nice build man. I have been a fan of Angry Monkeys for along time and your build is just about as spot on as Dans. My brother and I contacted Dan about his builds along time ago and they were just way out of our price range. About that time we found the XS650’s and figured we could make one close to his for 1/5 of the price.
Then I found your build and have been fallowing it. I cant wait to see how you finish it off. I dang near check back every day.

Only thing is, don’t be mad at me when my bike looks like yours because im going off Dans bikes too! I just haven’t decided if im going to go with the springer front end or not. Thinking of maybe trying the stock front end and lowering it with the 19” wheel and Firestone tires first, see how it looks.

Anyway, love the build, cant wait to see it all finished.

Thanks guys. Hopefully I will have some updated pictures next week. It's in the painter's hands now. It always makes me nervous having stuff painted.....you just hope it turns out like what you have pictured in your head. Dan's bikes were the insperation behind this build, but I couldn't have done it without Jon Ard from Ardcore. He's an excellent fabricator and welder. :thumbsup:

Posted via Mobile

Dude this bike is looking awesome. I was wondering what the trail is on there and if you modified the rake at all? Just asking because I just got my 4 under on and I was thinking about flipping the rockers. I just didnt want to go neg on the trail. And if so what did you rake it too?. Keep up the good work its looking clean and classy.

Dude this bike is looking awesome. I was wondering what the trail is on there and if you modified the rake at all? Just asking because I just got my 4 under on and I was thinking about flipping the rockers. I just didnt want to go neg on the trail. And if so what did you rake it too?. Keep up the good work its looking clean and classy.

Thanks. It is a 4" under with stock rake...with flipped rockers. Honestly, I havent really figured the trail.

I appreciate all the compliments.

Posted via Mobile

Update: things are coming back from paint and powdercoat. I started final assembly tonight and things are going smooth. Motor should be buttoned up sometime Monday. The tins should be back from the painter Wednesday.

20121025_124529.jpg

20121025_124036.jpg

20121026_212631.jpg

Posted via Mobile

I see that tank on a ton of triumphs...... Love it. Also Thx for the link for the stacks, Def going with those!

Posted via Mobile

Back