"Thug Life"....My Build

No problem man...they are quality pieces.

My 35 yearold aluminum is looking beautiful again thanks to Sureshine Polishing in Decatur, IL. Jason is shipping them back to Indy tomorrow. I'm excited about the way this old XS is coming together.

Screenshot_2012-10-28-20-23-35-1.png

Posted via Mobile

I see bungs on that oil tank......fake ?

Posted via Mobile

Yes, It will have a "sight" tube on the right side of the tank with oil in it. The inlet and outlet fittings on the left will have oil lines attached to them that will hide all my wiring to and from the tank. It will hold my a123 8cell battery I'm building, fuse block, and the new voltage reg/rect. combo.

Posted via Mobile

A few more progress pics......I'm digging the vintage looking white grips.

20121031_113207.jpg

20121031_113147.jpg

20121031_113309.jpg

Posted via Mobile

Nice tires. Good to see someone putting decent rubber on one of these. Then again, all of it is top notch stuff. Lookin good.

Thanks guys...I appreciate the kind words. I'm finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Posted via Mobile

UPDATE:

Motor is going in the frame tomorrow. I had to mock it up on the stand and get a few pics. I wish they had better lighting so you could see the polished parts better. It came out much better than I originally thought it would.

20121108_181220.jpg

20121108_181327.jpg

20121108_181411.jpg

Posted via Mobile

How tough was polishing the fins? Did you polish the fins first then wipe off paint?
I think it looks awesome.

Honestly, it was a pain in the ass....BUT in my opinion it was worth it. It ended up exactly how I wanted it too. I sanded and polished the fins using emory cloth and elbow grease. I finished things off with a finishing disc and a die grinder. I tryed the spray and wipe method without much success. I let mine dry and sanded the paint off. Thanks.

Posted via Mobile

Honestly, it was a pain in the ass....BUT in my opinion it was worth it. It ended up exactly how I wanted it too. I sanded and polished the fins using emory cloth and elbow grease. I finished things off with a finishing disc and a die grinder. I tryed the spray and wipe method without much success. I let mine dry and sanded the paint off. Thanks.

Posted via Mobile

What paint did you use? Did you clear coat or anything on top of it? It is very impressive looking, great work man!:thumbsup:

Back