"Thug Life"....My Build

All states are different, but I know in Ohio and California you can run rear only, as long as it passes the stopping distance test (which should be a required part of the state inspection). Here's a link where you can look up equipment standards for bikes. This site is for lighting, but it connects you to the statutes for all motor vehicle equipment.

http://www.wykedilluzionz.com/laws/

Incidentally, Spades, Indiana has the most plain written law on motorcycle brakes on earth!:thumbsup: BUT it is directly contradicted by another, later section. Read carefully below:

IC 9-19-3-2
Motorcycles
Sec. 2. A motorcycle and a motor-driven cycle, when operated upon a highway, must be equipped with at least one (1) brake, which may be operated by hand or foot.
As added by P.L.2-1991, SEC.7.

Now, you would have to look up the offical definition of a highway to see if you can run around the neighborhood speedway style!:laugh:

Contrast that with the lighting laws now. According to the law, you have to have the same lights and reflectors on that thing as a brand new bike to be in compliance.

IC 9-19-7-2
Handlebars; brakes; footrests; lamps and reflectors
Sec. 2. (a) Except as provided in subsection (b), a motorcycle operated on the streets or highways by a resident of Indiana must meet the following requirements:
(1) Be equipped with handlebars that rise not higher than the shoulders of the driver when the driver is seated in the driver's seat or saddle.
(2) Be equipped with brakes in good working order on both front and rear wheels.
(3) Be equipped with footrests or pegs for both operator and passenger.
(4) Be equipped with lamps and reflectors meeting the standards of the United States Department of Transportation.
(b) A motorcycle manufactured before January 1, 1956, is not required to be equipped with lamps and other illuminating devices under subsection (a) if the motorcycle is not operated at the times when lighted head lamps and other illuminating devices are required under IC 9-21-7-2.
As added by P.L.2-1991, SEC.7. Amended by P.L.1-1992, SEC.49; P.L.63-1994, SEC.1; P.L.2-2010, SEC.1; P.L.87-2010, SEC.28.

So, are you leqal to operate your bike with one wheel brake only? Depends on which section you are thinking of when you are driving, right? Actually, you will never get ticketed for having too many brakes or turn signals, but you may get stopped for having too few of either, or too many headlights, taillights, or running lights. If you are on the fringe a bit (warrants, like to drink and ride, act like a jackass when you ride) these are more likely to be exploited. If you are a little more of a square, maybe not as much, but in these days of declining "revenues" for states, cities, and counties, I'm inclined to skip paying for the dumb shit.
I don't care how many brakes and lights ya run, still a fantastic looking bike.

Last edited:
jd750...thanks for the info and compliment. I'm not to worried about either really. Around here it seems like your more inclined to have a cop come up to check your bike out than write you s ticket for either. I rode with no mirrors on my Busa for years with no problems. If you park where you are supposed to and don't act like a dumbass they are pretty laid back. I know there is always a few asses in the bunch tho. If I get a ticket....I get a ticket. :bike: Here is a pic of my '05 Turbo Busa that I built. 247hp on pump gas running 10 lbs. of boost.

Screenshot_2012-11-13-15-03-48-1.png

Posted via Mobile

Thanks guys...I've poured my blood, sweat, and tears into this build. The candy and flake almost explode when the sun hits it. I wanted something aggresive looking, but classy enough to break some necks going down the road. It should be done and on the road this weekend.

Posted via Mobile

I agree!

Is that lace-shot paint on your "oil tank"? Looks incredible!:thumbsup:

Yea, just a lace pattern from the fabric store. Micro flaked silver, candy purple, then candy red. Here is a little better pic.

20121120_234448.jpg

Posted via Mobile

Getting there.....a little wiring to do after the holiday.

20121121_193801.jpg

20121121_193834.jpg

20121121_193747.jpg

20121121_194003.jpg

20121121_194319.jpg

Posted via Mobile

Thanks for all the kind words. I just wanted to get the word out to anyone intetested, this bike will be For Sale but may be delayed slightly due to a photoshoot and possible magazine exposure. Price is not yet determined. I've had a lot of interest in this bike and am looking forward to my next build. It's going to be a long winter if I'm not wrenching.

Posted via Mobile

What an amazing build. This is without a doubt my favorite build. Before this, I was not into the springer front ends. Truly inspiring

Thanks man....I appreciate the words.

I got a little work done in the garage today. I should have it wired and running tomorrow.

20121124_140206.jpg

20121124_181920.jpg

Posted via Mobile

Back