Tire dimension question 18"

I don't see why not... I just put a 110/90 18" on my rear rim. The 110 is 4.33" wide, the 120 would be 4.72". The 110 I have, and the chain tension adjusted properly, allows about an inch between my tire and swing arm on both sides.

UM

I've had 110's that wouldn't fit. Depends on the brand and model of tire. The width spec is nominal, not exact. Thread pattern can effect width.
Basically you can try them and see, just check with the seller to see if you can return them if they don't.
Leo

I have a 130/80-18 Metzeler Perfect ME77 on the back of mine, with no chain guard. It works fine, but it's old and cracked, so I'm replacing it. I was surprised to find that the consensus seems to be a a 130 doesn't fit. You may be able to go by the printed spec, but as Leo mentioned, you might also have to do a trial fit.

I found some Dunlop K180 rear dirt track tires 120/90 18" for my rear 18" spoke wheel, will these fit?
Hi cmills83,
the Special's stock rear tire size is specified as 5"-16 AKA and the nearest modern equivalent size 130/90-16 fits too.
So yeah, a 120-90-18 shouldn't have any trouble despite it having a 2" bigger outside diameter.

Back