Trex's XSIV

By scoops you mean dishing in the sides or something else? Did you ever get any work done on your forward controls?

got my brackets made to mount the pegs...then had a wild idea....no controls. Thinking a true jockey shifter and gonna try an adjustable brake proportioning valve and run all 3 calipers off one handle. Haven't seen it before..the bike may be a biotch to get used to..but I'm hoping that judges will be impressed with the difference. Anyone tried this?
I have pegs hairpin springs petcocks caliper rebuild kits and some small doodads on order.

Thinking of lowering the tank slightly by raising the tunnel and adding 2 scoops like air ducts on the tank..just a cosmetic thing...too many ideas dancing in my head,

Crash, You mean so they channel air to your balls to keep them cool? :laugh:

Probably wouldn't be necessary for Trex in Alaska…

yeah maybe not a good idea up there :doh:,but it would be a cool look though,or maybe have it channel the air to the carbs ,i might even have to try that one myself.:devil::smoke:

I was thinking channel scoops..kind of a Vmax look. I'm gonna experiment with an adjustable proportioning valve and put both of my brakes on one handle. If I have enough throw at the handle...I can use one banjo bolt switch for the brake light and one handle. Still trying to decide if I'm gonna rig up the clutch handle on the Jockey shift or make it a foot clutch. I'm used to riding with a foot clutch. My left hand doesn't work so great.

Ok decided to do the jockey shifter and make my own custom seat pan. Went with a semi hidden mountain bike shock under the seat. made my own custom plate mount this week and mounted my mufflers using the old seat spring perches. My rear fender is on the way so I can start the rear brace. only a couple more brackets to fab after that. Gonna cut the scoops out of my other mustang tank and see what they look like.

12-18-09019.jpg

12-18-09020.jpg

Got the plate mount and shock mount done...mufflers mounted...worked on the seat pan today.

Made my seat and mounted it this week. Made everything from scratch except the spring and pivot. Still have to tighten everything up to align it.
DSC00102.jpg

DSC00106.jpg

DSC00103.jpg

DSC00104.jpg

18 guage built over a 1/4 inch round bar skeleton....zero flex...the spring a 750 lb adjustable from my mountain bike. I got it solid mounted today..along with my tank and my foot pegs. Got to sit on it for the first time today! Feels like a bad mofo!!

drilled some holes in my bat box and reworked my kick pedal. now black inside and polished outside. ground down the shin grinding teeth on it for a lil safety. Just dropped 250$ at Mikesxs for gaskets, covers filters and the oil filter/cooler conversion. Stainless brake lines and banjo bolt switches.
phone1-7-10053.jpg

Back