Tubeless front spoke wheel?

I can remember in high school science class we did an experiment.We took a bucket full of water and spun it in a circle. As we spun the bucket the water stayed in place.The Centrifugal force was what held the water in the bucket.
Our arm was the centripetal force that keep the bucket spinning in a circle.
If these forces didn't exist, then how come the water stayed in the bucket and the bucket didn't just fly off?
Leo

Yes, olddude, the spoke nipples are at the hub and the hooked end of the spoke is at the rim.
Leo

I can remember in high school science class we did an experiment.We took a bucket full of water and spun it in a circle. As we spun the bucket the water stayed in place.The Centrifugal force was what held the water in the bucket.
Our arm was the centripetal force that keep the bucket spinning in a circle.
If these forces didn't exist, then how come the water stayed in the bucket and the bucket didn't just fly off?
Leo

As I understand it-- and I use "understand" loosely-- Centrifugal force is considered a fictitious force because it requires centripetal force for it to happen.

The pressure in the tire pushes the liner against the spoke holes. It's the same pressure that keeps the tire on the rim bead. You just need a little glue to hold it in place before you put air in it. So you would have to be going really, really fast for that liner to pull away from the rim. Fast enough for everything else to fail before the liner on the rim covering the holes to fail.

Back