UK Bobber Build thread

Well if you're thinking about scrapping it anyway, then try out some different ideas. The worst that happens is you scrap it out piece by piece instead of as a whole, lol.

Here's a crappy chop of what it would look like if you cut it along your drawing:

100_2776_zps780940e0.jpg

So I think playing with it a bit to make it work better is definatly the way to go.:thumbsup:

Hey Paul. The exhaust brackets look great. Its those little details that make it your own. Personally, I would lose the front fender. Gordon Scott engineering makes a very cool brace. Great job so far

Lucky, thank you very much for doing that - very kind! It does look better but your comments are ringing in my ears - it does look like it fell off a sportsbike!
h3llb3nt1 - Thank you for your comments - yes, I think a small brace would be an idea, ill check out Gordon Scott!

Looks good, gun metal colour for frame and bodywork would be cool (a bit darker than silver) I think in England we have to have a front mudguard by law :doh:

Strat.

Hi Strat, thanks for the comments! Yes we do don't we, however, not sure how big it has to be ;)
For the colour scheme I am now thinking gun metal grey powder cost with flake for the frame, the candy blue or green for the tank and tins, with white scallop on the tank with gold pin striping to match gold powder coated triple trees, wheel hubs and engine mounts

What a coincidence Paul. My brother just had the rims on his white Audi A6 powdered in gun metal grey with flake. They look killer. That would look great on your frame. Sucks you have to have a front fender. Here's how mine turned out with Gordon Scott's brace

Attachments

• 2013-01-21_09-00-55_367.jpg
    2013-01-21_09-00-55_367.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 113
Hey Sub, I can sympathise with that - we havent had that much here yet though! I've been watching the news and you guys are certainly getting hit! - Stay safe mate!

Hey John, yeah I am going for the gun metal frame and green / white / gold combo (for now at least :) )

So the more I look at the front fender, the more I like it, so I think it will stay. Might do a little trimming up though.

Well today saw the start of the dis-assembly process! I ran the bike again, drained the fluids and took the electrical system out. While it was out, I tidied it up a touch, just making sure things are fastened properly.

100_2778_zpsc6ec19a9.jpg

I also shortened the lead from the PMA to the alternator to make it easier when I assemble again. I chose to keep the plug, disconnect and reterminate the connectors in side - they are fiddly little buggers!

Gave the inside of the batt box and electrics box a coat of tough black paint too, just to protect it. Started making an engine stand which I'll finish off tomorrow.

Wiring does look tidy Paul.I'll have to shorten the wiring to comes from generator to the reg/rec on mine a lot.I'll also keep the plugs.:thumbsup: Yeah, I'd like to see what your engine stand design looks like.

So, today after recovering from a hangover, I finished off the engine stand. I laid the plans out next to them so you can see which ones I used - they were a download from the Tech Section and shows the Gentlemans name who is credited with the design.

100_2779_zps192ff2e6.jpg

Started to dis-mantle a little more, got the carbs of and all seal bagged, along with the PMA, side cover and little bits and bobs. Need to the exhausts out for chrome, the frame finished and out for powder, then its onto the engine! :)

Paul Your stand looks good.
When I made my stand I did It from memory. and when I was finish the stand it was backwards. The engine sat there tilted.
oh damn I said then rebuilt it

Here's my 2 bits. Polish or brushed on the rear hub and upper tree. Whatever you decide on for frame also use for engine mounts and lower tree. Oh yeah, drill out that front rotor. There are a couple of good patterns on here :thumbsup:

If You are asking about those pieces being yellow gold.
and only because You asked.
I don't care for that color much.
and thats only to say in the pic that You have shown!
I like yellow gold I have a bike that color.
It does not go with the metal.
But it might do very well with the Green or blue You are going to use

Back