UK Bobber Build thread

Sorry to hear about your experience with 7 Metals.
What are you going to use now?
Yeah,Sunday is my day to work on my bike,can't wait. With so little time to work,planning is key.Hope to finish the brake stay,cut the fender down and maybe get the exhaust closer.

Well the 7 metals fenders are sold by TC Bros. I have had a fantastic experience with them so far, so Im going to order from them -bit pricy but I need one.

Sounds like a good Sunday plan! - This weekend I think brake light and registration holder, tank bobbins and fitting, and whatever else I dream up!

sounds like you've got a great weekend lined up in the shed :thumbsup:

I've got to put up fences and paint walls before I get to play with my engine rebuild. Mind you I do have a rather nice 'shed' at the moment :wink2: and a very understanding partner:bike: happy days

Attachments

• sunroom shed.JPG
    sunroom shed.JPG
    190.1 KB · Views: 278
Weh hey! - plenty of light there! And two helpful moggies on the table! - I just have a Collie dog that like to try and help! Yes, I have to say , my her indoors is very understanding!

damm lazy cats are bluddy useless !

Can't keep them off my electrical schematics and oil seals
Have a great weekend :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ha! Ha! Yeah,You go have your fun with that lathe and mill.
I'll just grind and whittle my parts out by hand, Thank you very much.
Tomorrow hurry up! UPS delivery,I'll be looking out the window all day waiting for the Big Brown Truck.

He He! I know, I am very lucky to have them!
Its Friday now - some meetings in the office, then home, beer, and a weekend of bike building! Need to find a heater for the shed - temp has dropped below freezing today! Snow forecast tonight!

So I woke this morning to two inches of snow! - Bit early for that lark!

The aims for today were to mount the tank and work out a rear light / number plate holder.

The tanks is peanut a wassell tank from Lowbrow. So I have gone for the bung / rubber mounting solution:

Machined some top hat bungs 10mm diameter
100_2587.jpg

100_2590.jpg

Laminated some belting rubber to capture the radius of the frame
100_2588.jpg

Welded the bungs in and dressed to match the radius
100_2591.jpg

Trimmed the rubber cushions and punched holes
100_2592.jpg

Machined some black nylon collets to get a straight surface for the nuts and washer to mate to
100_2597.jpg

One mounted tank
100_2594.jpg

Rear light and plate holder started out as stock bar and tuber, mahined bored out to take wires and threaded to take the holder
100_2598.jpg

100_2602.jpg

Turned a little black nylon plug to tidy the end up and allow access for wiring
100_2600.jpg

100_2601.jpg

Tidied up the choke operating cable with some little loops
100_2605.jpg

100_2603.jpg

Looks good Paul, I dig how you mounted your tank.I'll post some pics tomorrow night of my progress.I have my headlight and seat in.So I'll constraint on getting those mounted along with the fender.Sorry to hear about the snow already.

So the morning after the night before, dressed as a werewolf and pissed at a Haloween party, I thought a steady day would be in order.

So welded up the pipes and made lower mounts - welded a nut to the underside of the exhaust, fabricated a pair of brackets and secured them to the rear bolt carrying the footrest bracket.

100_2608.jpg

100_2606.jpg

100_2609.jpg

As the PO had taken the steps to paint the carbs black, I set about taking the paint off. I came across a set of de-carbonising brushes - so I stuck them in a drill with surprising results. I think they will look far better when they are done properly off the bike and Im not hungover!

Before
100_2603.jpg

After
100_2610.jpg

Need to get my arse in gear and order a rear mudguard - just going to bite the bullet and order from TC Bros - cant seem to find anywhere in the UK selling them to fit
:shrug:

Painted the Carb's, Dang.:doh: Hang overs Bad.
Sure like those pipes.Still didn't get to mine yet.
I got more done today,Yeah! Here are those pics I promised.
The foot pegs.
DSCN0336_zps6899b037.jpg

Rear brake setup,just some cleaning up and capping off.
DSCN0335_zps2e9c53c4.jpg

DSCN03421_zps7562a1ba.jpg

DSCN0333_zps805b4c23.jpg

DSCN0332_zps27f8b80d.jpg

DSCN0331_zps9c13bde3.jpg

DSCN0339_zps086dab09.jpg

DSCN0337_zpsc1190e86.jpg

Still didn't finish mounting the fender yet.But did trim it down a little.
Got the seat mounted and I have to say I like it.It's pretty comfy.
Also mounted the battery box and oil tank.
Those factory gauges will probably go away after I get her back up and running.:bike:

Hi Johnt3 - loving the build! Very neat. I like the footpeg idea - that'll work very well!

I would love to find a rear mudguard like yours - where did you get it?

Yeah I mocked up the oil tank and batt box too. Are you mounting your batt box cross over on in line with the bike, so to speak. Mine is going to be tight against the chain if I mount it crossover, so I think the decision could be made

I got the fender from a friend,it's an aftermarket front fender for a Harley.
DSCN03101_zps1a409cd0.jpg

Yeah,I'm mounting the battery box inline because of my master cylinder setup and I think it looks better that way.It was a handy place to mount the reservoir.
Still haven't gotten my hands on a tank yet.And mounting the fender had me kinda stump yesterday. Oh well, will get it figured out soon enough.
What are you going to run for gauges?

Back