UK Bobber Build thread

Well from 110 degrees to 40 degrees! What a sickener!
Been back in the shed today. Got the timing figured out properly and set. Realised that I was running slightly retarded and it was producing a stutter similar to a too lean jet, higher up the range. Now running 42.5 pilot and 142.5 main which I think might need to go up one at the minute. If the weathers decent tomorrow I'll dial them in a bit more!

Managed to get a little more done on the carbs this afternoon after it faired up and dried out!
On a run with WOT I was getting some stutter higher up the rev range so went up to a 147.5 then a 150 main jet. Still getting a little stutter so I'll have to order some more jets. Lower down it pulls strongly and the plugs are a nice brown colour. I advance the timing a little too and that helped. It's just going to be a bit of trial and error.
Got my graphics and put them n too, pleased with the result. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Well I never got a chance to try the lower jets - got them put in but developed a problem with conking out after a minute or so of running!
Not sure if its a loose electrical connection or fuelling as yet. Seems strange it started after I change the main jets??
Thats the job for this weekend and I'll get some pics up too :)

I got one side of the exhaust done it looks close to yrs but the back turn is pointed up I bit more and got the forward controls bracket done and them on it to I soused a set from Harley that the master cylinder was bilt on it now wating on the fuse block that's a nice blue I picked out

Back