1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

UK Bobber Build thread

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Paulrxs650, Oct 9, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Sub xs650

Sub xs650 XS650 Addict

Alls great it's my bday to day or was lol the 23 worked then partedy at Mohegan sun and am still drunk and only short 69 bucks lol and now the Wife sead it's time to get my present lol:bed: :cheers:

2. A belated happy birthday Sub !

3. Johnt3

Johnt3 Still learning...

Sorry Sub, Happy B-Day man.
    Paul, get your bike all cleaned up?

4. I am Carbon

I am Carbon shade tree mechanic XS650.com Supporter

another August birthday! Big happy birthday! Youngun.
    23 damn I wish I could go back to 23.
    I'm a August bday boy too. But I'm a Leo :D

5. All sparkly and ready to go - as long as the weather holds out ill be riding to the show on Friday afternoon :)

6. Johnt3

Johnt3 Still learning...

Good to hear that Paul! Here's to having a great time and a good showing.:cheers:

7. peanut

peanut XS650 enthusiast & inveterate tinkerer XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

England
    belated happy Birthday from me too !

I'm another Leo (August 3rd) wonder what was I doing when I was 23 ? strewth it was half way through a previous Century !

Good luck at the show Paul , you sure deserve a prize for the blood sweat and tears you put into that :bike:

8. Sub xs650

Sub xs650 XS650 Addict

Thanks guys and good luck Paul I'm 26 bday was on the 23 lol and happy bday to ever one in August

9. I am Carbon

Good luck at the show Paul!
    26 just getting into your prime Sub
    Happy bday peanuts Dad

10. Sub xs650

Sub xs650 XS650 Addict

Yea lol kids making me pull my hair out lol

11. 26 - Wish I was again :)

Thanks Peanut - Just figuring out how to strap my sleeping bag on!

12. Johnt3

Johnt3 Still learning...

Ha Ha, good luck with the sleeping bag!

13. Its on - not very pretty but its on :)
    Tent and other stuff has been distributed amongst the rest of the chaps! Hope its all there when I arrive :)

14. I am Carbon

sleeping bag n beer is all You need Paul.
    Maybe Poncho :)

15. Pigford

Pigford XS650 Enthusiast

Paul - great write up about a fantastic build :thumbsup:

Really enjoyed this thread and have sat here scanning thru; for the last hour or so.... cheers!

16. Hi Pigford, many thanks - much appreciated :)

17. So, I have just returned from a fantastic weekend at Stormin' the Castle Bike Show, organised by MAG and sponsored by the magazine, Back Street Heroes.
    The bike ran the 50 or so miles to and 50 miles from the show without a hitch, so very proud of her for that.
    However, I'm even more proud, that not only did I get to put her in the show, she won, out of around 200 entries:

1. Exhibitors Choice
    2. Best Engineering
    3. AND !!!!! BEST IN SHOW !!! :D:D:D:D:D

Can't believe that out of all those bikes there, and there was some fantastic builds,and from professional shops too, that my bike won! I am particularly proud of the Best Engineering trophy, as that means a lot to me :thumbsup:

So, I was awarded rosettes, trophies and a pair of tickets for next years show for each award and had to ride through the main arena to get them (nervous :) ) Plus the bike will appear in the Back Street Heroes magazine and on next years advertisements for the show :D

Some pics to prove (to me) it actually happened!

Just entered

[​IMG]

Me and bike

[​IMG]

Some interest

[​IMG]

With Rosettes

[​IMG]

And back home with trophies

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  18. REEEYYYY! Well done matey!! Be well proud man!!! I would be!!!

Congrats!!!!:thumbsup::bike:

19. Thanks Airwolfie - very proud and surprised :)

20. peanut

peanut XS650 enthusiast & inveterate tinkerer XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

England
    bloody ell Paul..... bloody ell! Well done ..

I must admit when you were building the bike at times it looked a little rough round the edges ,as does all preparitory work I guess but the final finish is amazing .
    The ugly duckling became a mighty fine Swan indeed !:laugh:

You're one talented guy for sure . Will it get into any of the mags do you think ?