Video Thread

heres a good film and review of the Triumph Bonneville from downunder...very funny animation clips :laugh:

Hahaha, that's good.
Never imagined you could go swimming with a helmet.
Loved the commentary outtakes, like the 'forum' support:

"Halp, my bike is on fire!"

"Put it out, quick!"

it made me larf too :laugh:
Its actually a thorough review and quite well put together for an amateur film .
Theres another half hour of my life gone ....when I could have been doing something productive like... cleaning the cat litter tray out or cutting my toenails lol

that guy has some real humor!:laugh:
I like the review had to watch it a couple times.
Check out just how much different the same set of drums sound played in different places.
good editing here too

Peanut taking a ride ON HIS XS650 He rebuilt!
I really like the YEEHAW!!! :D:bike:
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

thanks for the post Carbon ....sorry about the dead link. Soon after I uploaded I amended the original video and replaced it so this is the like link

I have been trying to find some kind of mount other than my helmet but chest mounts all seem to bounce around too much unfortunately. Its annoying to have the video flick sideways suddenly as the rider looks around but at least a helmet cam gives fairly stable video.

Your video quality is always excellent..How do you mount your actioncam ?

thanks for the post Carbon ....sorry about the dead link. Soon after I uploaded I amended the original video and replaced it so this is the like link

I have been trying to find some kind of mount other than my helmet but chest mounts all seem to bounce around too much unfortunately. Its annoying to have the video flick sideways suddenly as the rider looks around but at least a helmet cam gives fairly stable video.

Your video quality is always excellent..How do you mount your actioncam ?

Good Morning Brother. I use head mount too I just try to keep head forward as much as I can.

I would have to say keep your cam handy and get used to using it without thinking about it like using keys to get in the house.
This cop is not alone in his manor I'm sad to say the power goes to their head.

I would have to say keep your cam handy and get used to using it without thinking about it like using keys to get in the house.
This cop is not alone in his manor I'm sad to say the power goes to their head.

alright. i hate to be that guy, but if the filmer would have just minded his own business and did what the cop asked him to, there would not have been a situation. Yes, he was out of line for pulling a gun, but he didnt know what the filmer was concealing in his pocket. I was taught to treat everyone with respect, especially the police. And filming a cop without his consent and not obeying him when he asks you to remove your hand from your pocket is the furthest thing from respect. It just really pisses me off when people think they are above the police and dont have to do what they ask.
Sorry, i dont intend to start an argument, just a rant...

This video reflects the wrong by both parties.

The officer has the authority (we the people gave it to him), and with that comes responsibility. We have police as a servant to the public to "maintain the peace"...with that, his/her goal should be to decrease tension, not heighten it.

In an aggressive/violent or confrontational situation, it's to ensure the safety of the people and to stop violent actions, or possible threats with whatever means possible to minimize the offender as efficiently and effectively as possible (At least that's what I've been told from my friends that are police officers)...I'm sure there's a lot more to it than that, but I'm not an officer and don't have enough knowledge on their training...but seems logical and a good summary.

Regardless, this video clearly shows that it is NOT a violent/confrontational situation. Thus, we have NO idea why he was called there. You can here him clearly on his radio saying he is "at the house"...which leads me to believe he was called for some reason...perhaps the person that called was threatened by this guy, or perhaps he was called because he caused damage to someone's property? Or he's a regular nut case who yells at people driving by...Who knows? That part is not clear... but what is clear is that the police officer approached the man, and quickly escalated the situation by drawing his weapon.

Had he felt threatened by the man prior to getting out of the car, he would have called for back-up, and waited until there were more officers present...that wasn't the case. So in this situation, having a conversation with the man would seem to have been the better way to go. Regardless of the man's response, the police officer initiated the conversation and added tension...which seems like the wrong thing to do.

Should the man have cooperated, sure... should he have been more polite, sure... should he have video tape the police officer, sure...it's within his rights. The police officer is trained to deal with all sorts of people, in this case HE needs to get past his feelings (pride/insult/whatever) and figure out if he is being called there for a legit reason. If not, he has no business being there, and he definitely does not have the right to intimidate someone who is "offending him". If there's no probable cause, no threat, and no wrong doing--then he's got no reason to be there.

I know police face a lot of freaks on a daily basis...literally life/death scenarios which I for one, and glad we have people willing to take that on. I respect police and their acceptance of the risks, but I also expect them to do so for the betterment of society, and not to abuse it, especially at the cost of innocent lives. They have the obligation to BE the law, not be "above" it....If they can't handle it, if they ARE the cause of the friction, then they need to move on....just as "Joe-public" has the obligation to live within the law... If they can't do so then they need to move on... or accept the penalty.

Rant over. :)

Back