wanted high pipes. bought a new scrambler.

CDNTX650

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
Couldn't pass up a deal on a 2014 matte blue scrambler with arrow pipe and rear rack with solo seat.

The 270 crank does sound mean though. Pretty fun on dirt trails and gravel. Needs the rear caliper flip kit though. Pic to come!

Motor is actually nice. Pulls good down low and mid range. Another 10 horse out of it from factory would be nice. But not needed at all.

20150726_152334.jpg

camera lens had some shmutz on it....

20150725_172324.jpg

Looks like fun.

According to this statement:

" the image is idyllically rustic, backlit with hazy-warm golden light complete with lens flares.",

your schmutzy lens actually provided the appropriate "aura".

Edit: Although I know it's Canada, your pic momentarily took me back to a particularly hazy morning ride near Houston in '72...

Found in this report:

http://www.cycleworld.com/2015/04/2...review-comparison-test-photos-specifications/

I looked good and hard at the duc. Previously owning two I reminded myself why I didn't want a third....

desmo sucks. The efi sucks on them. Terrible fueling and twitchy. Timing belts...uggh And magneti Marelli. Nuff said.

The triumph is buttery smooth in the efi dept. Shim valves are easy for me to set and just a good Ole cam chain. Just a simple modern machine. Yes...a bit portly. But I did ride a klr650. ..so that's no issue. Accessories are also in huge abundance for the hinckley trumps.

Back