What have you done to your XS today?

Looking good funky, what’s the fork brace please? I like the idea of brown seat with red stitching.
Second that- I’ve been keeping an eye out for a low profile fork brace that I can use with the stock fender. Most I’ve seen are too big and detract from the look of the front end.

ACD3989B-837A-42BD-93A0-7437760C1950.png
Hey, general question about mufflers directed to anyone who’s replaced them- are these the “commando” mufflers that I can just install onto the stock headpipes with the help of an adapter from a parts store? I need to lose my rusted out exhaust this summer. I read through the exhaust thread a while ago and it seemed that the general consensus was that the commando mufflers were the all around best for a stock set up.

Amazon has 'em. Free shipping and 40 bucks cheaper for the pair.

View attachment 135738
Wow, is that literally the same thing? Are you sure? If that’s the case, Mike’s (or any business that does this) really bugs me with their BS marketing scams. They claim to have a “commando exhaust system” developed by Heiden tuning, and then offer these “universal commando style” mufflers, as if to suggest they’re available as a single component but still related to the total package. If they’re just EMGO mufflers, fine, but CALL THEM WHAT THEY ARE. F*ck businesses that resell other manufacturers products and re-brand them for a larger markup. (Xscharge electronic igniton?) try PAMCO. That’s just bad business. Rant over.

Well, I went ahead and ordered the heiden tuning paper filter “oil cooler” and a new gas cap gasket with my mikes gift card that’s been burning a hole in my wallet. Going to have to think a bit more on what to do about mufflers/exhaust now that I see how much work Jim did for nice clean mounts. I did see someone mention mikes sells brackets similiar to what Jim made, but if I buy those mufflers I’m buying from amazon. Not sure when I’ll have another 100+ Order from mikes.

.....now that I see how much work Jim did for nice clean mounts.
My extra work was mainly due to my OCD affliction... :rolleyes:
Others here have used the brackets that came with the pipes without any problems that I'm aware of.... and they do have a nice tone to 'em.
Check out the Commando thread by member Willis.

If they’re just EMGO mufflers, fine, but CALL THEM WHAT THEY ARE.

I have come to realize that Emgo is a major player in the vintage bike parts scene. Lots and lots of retailers sell their parts, often at substantial mark ups. I first realized this when I ordered my first Pamco Ultimate High Output ignition from Mikes, ( back when Pete was supplying Mikes ) the coil that came with it was in an Emgo box. You could buy the same coil on EBay for a lot less if you know the Emgo number.

The handlebars on my XS2 are sold by various vendors and are marketed towards different bikes. But they are Emgo. Vendors don’t really want you shopping around for better deals. Lol! So they don’t tell you they are Emgo’s

Back