What have you done to your XS today?

Spent the afternoon replacing my front brake MC and hydro clutch with a cable version. Also added a nice and shiny brass button on the choke. Was going to do the cable, but I ran out of time.

16291727577_759af6c232_b.jpg

16477632645_90ee9733c3_b.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, am still buzzing with excitement...now really want to get the bike finished and go for a ride! :)

Since I took off that fairing I still needed to get the front end back together. I finally installed the headlight and bracket. I just need to find the signal light wires and get them plugged in. I also put the front brake caliper back on. I soaked the caliper in WD 40 since it had a lot of rust. Hopefully next week I will get to add fluid and actually put the caliper through the motions to see if it works. Then I put the chain guard back on. It was windy and freezing here so I let it go for the day. Next week I should get the engine cover seal from Mikes and Ill put the chain, clutch cable, engine cover and get the rear wheel lined up and chain tight. Well see how it goes. :doh:
Jacky

Attachments

• IMG_1545.jpg
    IMG_1545.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_0528.jpg
    IMG_0528.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_1544.jpg
    IMG_1544.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 119
Thanks Jacky,

The Yamaha Script I've had in mind since I saw it back in the early 90's (when I had my first XS, but never used it as I ended up restoring it to stock form)...so I knew I wanted to use it this time around. (The internet has made getting these kinds of things much, much easier).

The tank is from an XS750, but I think looks perfect for a cafe style... knee dents come stock on it. :)

admired the tenacity of the spider living between my carbs after a ripping ride thru my 'hood.

Worked on fuel/crankcase vent line routing on the 'ol SG. Removed-reinstalled the carbs several times. Removed-remounted the gas tank several times.
You know...normal stuff......

Rebuilt the front brake caliper and the master cylinder and cleaned up the front disk and mounted it on the new wheel for the '77. I likewise nearly froze my finger tips off in the garage. 6.3 degrees f. If it gets back up to 20 one of these days I'll get some work done.

What did I do to my XS today? Lets see....Oh ya I rode it!:bike: And it was fun!

We still need a vid of your beast running!!:D

Sorted out my clutch, installed a cable and took of the hydraulic clutch piece of crap, now I just hope it goes this time round! Can't check till the weekend though!

Finally got the fuel lines run! Checked valve clearences. Replaced rear caliper because it leaked. Lets see if this one leaks. Mounted the air filters. Get some gas in the A.M. and try it out.

Since I'm saving to afford building the hardtail I had to do something yesterday. Cleaned up the tires and painted the text on the front tire:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424077111.051926.jpg

Back