What is the average age of this group ?

to bring the average down some more, 27, had a rupp minibike when i was a kid, but kept putting off getting a license through college, finally getting around to it....

57 years young, first bike was a 1972 Yamaha XS2, bought in 1973. Rode friends bikes before that, first rides around 1967. Since have owned other Yamahas, Honda, Suzuki, Ducati, and now coming full circle, back home to the best bike ever, a Yamaha XS650!

It's nice to see so many guys of my generation still riding and playing with their rides.

DLD1

I will be 49 this year.
First bike at 15 was a Honda elsinore 250 dirt bike.Didn't ride much from 17 to 43 due to the usual work/family/house part of life.
Now that I have a couple of $$$ in my pocket I have a few bikes.My first Yamaha is a 1976 bobber that I built.I think I will keep this for a while because--well you guys all know why.

I hit 50 two weeks ago!
Started riding bikes(Brits) in the late sixties on a local disused WWII airfield & sorrounding fields ..Got my licence in the mid 70's..Owned approx 200 bikes over the years including 50+ XS's ...

Not only do I see a wide range of ages, but some of you guys started out on some of the same motorcycles that I started riding on back in the day. I saw some names of motorcycles that I had long since forgotten.

I think it's great that such a wide range of ages all think the XS650 is a cool bike.

Did I just use the word "cool" ? Sorry !:D

Two generations out of style. Cool became awesome became epic will become...

38 here got my first real bike at 22 it was a XT600, great bike. Went 15 years with out a bike and missed everyday (over 60*). Got my xs Christmas of 09.

Blue to you, Azul to others. 72 years soon, biking since the first 12. Whizzer, Hondas, Harleys, Beemers and XS 650's. On any it's:

THE RIDE.... not the destination or the age.

Attachments

• CAQ3CXMF.jpg
    CAQ3CXMF.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 293
Last edited:
27 years old here, got my first bike @ 17, a 1982 cb750sc (the first honda nighthawk), upgraded to a 2006 vmax - brand new, sort of getting out of the marine corps gift to myself. sold the vmax to afford flight training, rode a 2007 roadstar 1700 for a while, now i got the 1977 xs650D

oh and the clutch killing safety course is still going strong in the military (got out in 2006). now they got a new thing that you have to wear a DOT approved helmet (just the sticker doesn't count anymore), and anyone from SNCO on up in your chain of command can revoke your riding priviledges. oh and can't forget the ankle supporting boots, and still have to sport the reflector vest and gloves

riding since i wuz 13 on an old ajs 500 single,friend had a bsa 441 .54 now and mainly riding the guzzi but cant wait till the yam is back on the road.

Back