what the hell is this

globalmaa

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
so i picked up this motor today with Vin 3U6-00601 and the website says 79-80 XS-SG ( Oceania ) what the hell is Oceania?

so i picked up this motor today with Vin 3U6-00601 and the website says 79-80 XS-SG ( Oceania ) what the hell is Oceania?

Oceania is the ruling government in George Orwell's 1984.

1984-movie-open.jpg

JK, Oceania refers to European (International) models.

JK, Oceania refers to European (International) models.
Google not working either? Good call on Orwell.

The 3U6 motors were sold in both Oceania and Canada.

Oceania is countries on the ocean. All except Canada and the USA.
All of Europe and Australia maybe Africa too.
Leo

Google not working either? Good call on Orwell.

The 3U6 motors were sold in both Oceania and Canada.

The 3w6 is an 80SG with points here in Aus. I thought the canadian 80SG would have had electronic ignition,

True or false on the Canadian 80SG?

Last edited:
Could be some truth in that Robbo. I heard Jack Sparrow and Davy Jones were competing in an endurance contest, bunting their way through Neptunes harem of underage mermaids. The prize was apparently Capt Nemos personal 3U6 that he lost while being buttfucked by an African Polar Bear after a game of strip poker.

By being from Canada has any relevance of my thread question then sorry. if i had known that i might not have ask the question since there are such things as bikes heading to Canada from overseas most people call them imports . Hell i once had a 73TX from the USA( Great Bike I Might ADD ) . I guess all my threads should start. Hi i'm globalmaa and i'm from Canada my question is?
Sorry 650skull just don't see what being from Canada has anything to do with my question since i did not know the answer. it was a general question as to what the hell does it mean? I did mention according to the website it was an XS-SG ( that is a model isn't it )Don't recall mentioning anything about a bike just i picked up a motor,there wasn't no frame, no carbs,no seat, no wheels just " I picked up an xs650 motor " therefore all i have is this 150lb block of metal with one lonely vin number on it. and again according to the website it states OCEANIA

Ok maybe i'm being to sarcastic here .

Posted via Mobile

Last edited:
Sorry Skull just don't see what being from Canada has anything to do with my question. it was a general question as to what does it mean?

Posted via Mobile

Because you are asking questions to people all around the world, and different countries have different models of the XS. So your answers can all be right but wrong for you at the same time and not be any benifit becuse they are all different.:doh:

I asked the question for knowledge sake and i am a nut for knowing the differences on the different models, from different countries and i may be able to help when someone else asks a question relating to that subject

Members like yourself who want every one to help them yet refuse to help the ones helping them, :poke: that's what it feels like.

You edited your post while i was writing mine.
A little info goes a long way.. Ok

Last edited:
Sorry 650skull i posted the thread as i was leaving work and didn't have much time until the pc shut down.

i bought the motor without seeing it and was picking it up after work. here in Canada a running xs650 motor with a box of parts for 200bucks is a hell of a deal. Luck for me the young guy listed it in the clasifieds as a sx650 so any search for a xs650 would have not picked it up.so i did a search on the vin as i was getting ready to drive 2 hours to pick it up and never heard of one being from Oceania. if it was bad model i would have gotten an email from you guru's here and turned around and went home. :shrug:

Posted via Mobile

Back