Will it look silly?

Zotarajohn

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm pretty new to this whole thing so please bear with me! Starting to shy away away from the hard tail thing for my xs since I'm not getting any younger and have had back surgery etc. I do like the look of the brat more and more and was wondering if ya think a very slight rake a slightly longer fork tube would look OK on a brat style bike? Don't see much in the way of pictures on this set up and just don't want it to look to silly! Feed back requested!!! By the way, the seat and bars are " new part take offs " from an 06 Triumph. The seat will have to go but I would like to keep the handle bars, not much into the "ape hanger look". Again, not to appear to look too "green", but what do you mean by "trail" ?? Thanks in advance!!

I always like a little extra rake and fork length on cruisers.
This one catches my eye:

WORBOYS10001.jpg

A good article on rake and trail:

http://chopperhandbook.com/rake.htm

The most important thing is to build it to suit your ergonomics.
Pretty comes later...

Sorry about the double post, I really suck when it comes to computers! I'm a books kinda guy being 54 I'm not exactly a teen age video kid! But I'm learning! Try working harder to get this down! Now to find that signature thingy! Again, sorry!

Sorry about the double post, I really suck when it comes to computers! I'm a books kinda guy being 54 I'm not exactly a teen age video kid! But I'm learning! Try working harder to get this down! Now to find that signature thingy! Again, sorry!

HAHA 54 ISN'T OLD I'm 52 and all I ride is hardtails have had a L3/4 fusion 4 screws and 2 plates in lower back so go for the hardtail with a good seat and springs it'll ride good

Back