Wiring confirmation

Capt_Zoom

Raider Rider/xs newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys. This wiring is giving me a real headache. I'm using the TC bros wiring harness and the bike still won't start properly. Coil is new (tested fine) and I have a spare on the way. The wierd thing is that every once and a while I flip the on/off switch and the pipes backfire. I've also got good power to the coil wiring leads.

Basically I'm wiring this up now just to test the bike's frame after we chopped it. Want to check if everything is good before I paint everything.

Here's my wiring diagram. Does this look good? THe TC bros harness takes care of the stator, reg rectifyer, and the second TC bros harness takes care of the TCI box

index.php

Last edited:
Start at all might be better. I have good signal from TCI to coil, coil tests as ok, Not seeing spark. Turns over fine, is getting fuel. Newly cleaned carbs. Only thing that's really changed on the bike is the wiring and cut down pipes as far as running goes. New solinoid. After trying to start sometimes when I shut off the on/off button the dang pipes will backfire.

Unfortunately i'm thinking my coil might be bad, so I ordered a new one. I also have another elec ignition box, I'll swap out just in case.

I'm just trying to get to ride her around the block a few times before the snow flies to test out the fab work before we send it off for paint and powdercoat.

Just realized that I forgot to put the ground for the battery in the diagram. Its grounded to a good ground.

Last edited:
Back