Wiring Diagram Review Needed

rowdyrandy

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
First crack at making a diagram for my bike - how does this look? I know some of the ways of drawing things are non traditional but hopefully it makes sense..Thanks guys!

XS650Wiring_zpsa22e9678.jpg

You only show one brush at the alternator, there should be second one. You write battery or cap. With brushes you can only use a battery.
Why write your own when there are hundreds out there? Just find one that uses the parts you have.
Leo

thanks guys - I talked to some other people and despite a few changes, everything's pretty tight. I'm ditching the stock controls so I'm going to have a single switch for each signal on either side of the bars. Right too about the cap vs battery - sprung for the pma gonna use a bundle of caps ala osteoderm's cafe build

I put an inline between pamco and coil as well..........someone can chime in if thats overkill.........but I do feel good knowing its there, and do think I saw Pete saying it should be there on some thread he responded too

As In the diagram posted power for the ignition is the 7.5 amp fuse. This fuse sends power to both the Pamco and coil. This is all you need. Any more won't hurt but it just wastes the extra fuse.
Leo

yep that makes sense..........actually now thinking that I did not do that......I think I put one in between the pma/voltage reg and the ig switch in addition to the one between the bat and ig switch. But I ran only inline fuses so no fuse plate.

I guess I just figured it out while I was typing..........I did the exact same thing but isolated components with fuses in a different way.

Carry on :D

When I rewire a bike I hook the power wire from the reg/rec straight to the battery. I then run a power wire from the battery to the main fuse. From this main fuse to the main switch, from the main switch to the rest of the fuses.
Leo

Back