xs650 build off 2014!!

If u in and haven't sent the entry fee and ur shirt size yet plz do asap. Plz put ur username in the message on paypal so we no who's for sure.

How do we order extra shirts? I've sent in my fee, but although my brother and I are sharing the build, we don't want to have to share a shirt. Just let me know how much more money to send, and where to send it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 131
Well,not much to talk about.Still gotta get my money in.Hit a deer and totaled the car...Liability only.Picked up the frame from the welder today.Trying to get the tire I want to fit,but I'm thinking no go.Unless I can find somebody that can machine the flange down where the sprocket bolts in.Just set the frontend against it to see whether I'm going long bike or not.

bikepics-2620570-800.jpg

Almost done with the front end. Fully assembled it should weigh under 18 lbs. Cant wait to see how it handles.

Attachments

• IMG_1851.jpg
    IMG_1851.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 146
Almost done with the front end. Fully assembled it should weigh under 18 lbs. Cant wait to see how it handles.
it looks awesome can't wait to see the rest of your build!
Hey can you provide some info on that shock length and ratings i may wanna use 2 on another project and where you got it from?

December update...almost done with the tank for "Mary Kate". Just need to move the petcock back and she's good to go...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1386246019602.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386246019602.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 121
  • uploadfromtaptalk1386246068542.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386246068542.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 116
it looks awesome can't wait to see the rest of your build!
Hey can you provide some info on that shock length and ratings i may wanna use 2 on another project and where you got it from?

To figure the spring rate on a girder you would take the total weight of the bike and rider multiplied by 14%. Then correct by the mechanical advantage of the front end. For example: spring travel is 3" to the vertical wheel travel of 3.75" gives you a mechanical advantage of 1.25. Now add your weight plus the bike, we will use 400 for the bike and 200 for the rider. So 14% of 600 lbs is 84 lbs, now corrected by 1.25 its 105 lbs. If you have two springs you divide this by two. So with this example two shocks with a spring rate around 50 to 55 lbs would work. I only know this from talking to Pierre at Works Performance where I bought the shock so your best bet is to give him a call and let him crunch the numbers for ya.

To figure the spring rate on a girder you would take the total weight of the bike and rider multiplied by 14%. Then correct by the mechanical advantage of the front end. For example: spring travel is 3" to the vertical wheel travel of 3.75" gives you a mechanical advantage of 1.25. Now add your weight plus the bike, we will use 400 for the bike and 200 for the rider. So 14% of 600 lbs is 84 lbs, now corrected by 1.25 its 105 lbs. If you have two springs you divide this by two. So with this example two shocks with a spring rate around 50 to 55 lbs would work. I only know this from talking to Pierre at Works Performance where I bought the shock so your best bet is to give him a call and let him crunch the numbers for ya.

That is the info i'm in need of thank you, but my thought was to use 2 shocks inplace of the one on the monoshock swingarm i want to put on my tracker project where i will have one mounted on either side of the backbone down tube to the swingarm. I appreciate the info and will give him a call to discuss my options to achieve my desired end resulting look and function.
Thank You Again

yeah.... I'm out. :( unexpected expenses have taken me out of this years build-off, maybe next year's, too.

hey new to the site I have a 72 XS I'm looking make into a trike question is dose the XS have enough power to do this I figured I'd have to put a big bore kit on it I plan on doing that anyway I just read the Rephasing post I like this Idea anyway dose or has anyone ever heard or seen one done in a trike

hey new to the site I have a 72 XS I'm looking make into a trike question is dose the XS have enough power to do this I figured I'd have to put a big bore kit on it I plan on doing that anyway I just read the Rephasing post I like this Idea anyway dose or has anyone ever heard or seen one done in a trike
They have enough power. I'd like to see you build a trike - go for it

Just started a cafe rebuild of my next XS. No way I'm riding down from AK...but I'll throw some pics up as we go along. Already many parts collected from Mike's, TC Bros, Lowbrow, dime city, and 650central. Been busy with a few Hondas and buying a new house and shop since I sold XSIV. Lots of new tools and a trick work table have taken up my time and build money. But I collected 3 cb750s and an 81 special since the move.

Posted via Mobile

I know this isn't an xs but the hp is about the same. A buddy of mine built this and it was fun as hell to ride but had some issues getting the front end to act correctly with the trike addition. I'd love to see one xs powered at the build off!

Attachments

• IMG_1852.jpg
    IMG_1852.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 148
Back