Yamaha Bolt Build Off...

bobber33

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
UPDATE - VOTING HAS STARTED HERE
http://bit.ly/15D4OkZ

Hey everyone, we've been super busy with non XS projects lately so i've been a bit absent from the forum... but CHECK THIS OUT!!!
YAMAHA contacted us directly to customize a 2014 Star Bolt!
There are several big name companies in this build off type contest, but i'm sure our build will hold up (or push over) the big guys just fine...

Were trying to do this in about a month, and are far into the bike and fab work already.
This thing is going to not only look cool, but also handle, and brake, and work better than the original bike when were done.

Weekly video updates will be posted on Mondays, and blog and facebook posts as we have time.

anyway check it out and hope you dig what were doing.
facebook https://www.facebook.com/ChappellCustoms
our blog http://chappellcustoms.com/blog/
youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/mikiflicky

here is vid 1

and vid 2

more to come!

Lookin good. I've seen the Burly bolt build on another forum, they in this buildoff too? What are your plans for the frame?

Lookin good. I've seen the Burly bolt build on another forum, they in this buildoff too? What are your plans for the frame?

There seem to be 2 different groups of builds, the first batch were due a few days ago including the Roland Sands bike and the others.
2nd builds have till end of August or so to finish because bikes didn't show up until a week or so ago.
We all have the same amount of time just different months. Yamaha is still sorting out when all the bikes will be shown. All they told me was sooner the better for them to get it out on tour.

regarding the Frame.... Our goal is to make the bike "better" than the stock, not worse.
So we are going to have some awesome suspension on the back not just a typical hardtail, or tracker or cafe.
All i can say right now is we may only see 1 shock in the bikes future :D

back to work now,,, more to come!

The end of August time line should correspond with the dealer meetings and the beginning of the Progressive Cycle show calendar in late October. They usually like to get the stuff and get some photos of the new stuff for promos and what not. Would be cool to see them on the show tour.

I also love the Atari shirt!! I'm a giant Atari nerd! have been since I got my first VCS (2600) back in '77.

im kinda guessing the band ataris, athough they are really called ' the ataris'
But yeah , I kicked ass at circus!!

well I saw Roland Sands build.
I am not impressed
It's a tracker. It's okay but NOT impressive.
It looks like He looked around the shop, and the first guy that wasn't doing anything at the time got the job. It's not really a build it's a parts changing fest.
Low and mean looks like a parts changing build too.

Maybe you could score bonus points by eliminating the recall issue:

Here we go with the first recall for Yamaha, or Star, if you prefer, nifty Bolt machine. The campaign has number 12V298000 and affects at least 3,900 motorcycles.The NHTSA report claims the bikes' engine may stall due to a wiring error: certain wires may have a slack or sag and the wiring harness may touch the exhaust manifold. The heat would cause the cables to melt and possibly short circuit.If a short circuit occurs, certain fuses would blow and this will most likely cause the engine to stall while riding, increasing the risk of a crash.

I wasn't that impressed with the stock Bolt. Looks like a cheap Sportster rip-off. I'm looking forward to what you guys are doing with it!

Roland Sands built is crap. The Low and Mean one on the other hand, rules. Going to be tough to beat their bike. Look forward to seeing what you do with it.

As far as the bolt being a copy of the sportster...Na...its simply a bike with the same goals. Now the HD breakout and especially the CVO, is a blatent rip off of the Yamaha Raider. The CVO version even took the paint job from a guy I know on the Raider forum. Kinda funny since HD's CVO can't compare to the power of his 120ci raider with supercharger done for far less than the CVO breakout.

Roland Sands built is crap. The Low and Mean one on the other hand, rules. Going to be tough to beat their bike. Look forward to seeing what you do with it.

As far as the bolt being a copy of the sportster...Na...its simply a bike with the same goals. Now the HD breakout and especially the CVO, is a blatent rip off of the Yamaha Raider. The CVO version even took the paint job from a guy I know on the Raider forum. Kinda funny since HD's CVO can't compare to the power of his 120ci raider with supercharger done for far less than the CVO breakout.

I totally agree!!!

Burly brand is another company with a bolt build. Not sure if they're affiliated with any of these build offs. I don't really mind the Roland sands bike. Low and mean looks goofy IMO.

Back